Rain in Chandigarh, dry spell endsJuly 5th, 2012 - 12:21 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, July 5 (IANS) Rains lashed Chandigarh and its surrounding areas Thursday morning, bringing an end to a prolonged dry spell that lasted over a month.
Met officials said rains lashed Chandigarh and its surrounding areas after 9.15 a.m. They said overcast conditions would remain and thundershowers could occur again later in the day.
The rain provided much relief from the sweltering heat of the last five-six weeks.
Maximum temperatures in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh have been hovering between 40-45 degrees Celsius.
The erratic power and water supply have added to the miseries of the people.
- Rainfall lashes Chandigarh, nearby areas - Feb 07, 2011
- Rain likely in Delhi Thursday (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- 42 killed in Uttar Pradesh storms, rains cool north India (Roundup) - May 21, 2011
- Heat grips Shimla too (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Heavy rains lash Chandigarh, surrounding areas - Jun 18, 2011
- High temperature parches Himachal hills - May 26, 2010
- Delhi reels under searing heat, monsoon a week away (Second lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- Monsoon arrives in capital (Lead) - Jun 26, 2011
- Pleasant day in Delhi, showers expected - Jul 09, 2012
- Shimla's temperature 6 degrees above average - May 29, 2012
- Rain, thunderstorms lash Punjab, Haryana - May 30, 2011
- Hot day in Delhi, rain expected - May 19, 2011
- Heat wave in Punjab and Haryana, Amritsar records 45.5 degrees - Jun 02, 2012
- Maximum temperatures dip across Punjab, Haryana - Apr 14, 2012
- Rain predicted in parts of Punjab, Haryana - Feb 19, 2012