Quake rocks KashmirSeptember 24th, 2011 - 11:14 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Sep 24 (IANS) A 4.3 intensity earthquake rocked the Kashmir Valley Saturday night, officials said. No loss of life or damage was reported.
“A light intensity earthquake, of magnitude 4.3 on the Richter Scale, occurred here at 8.51 p.m. The epicentre of the quake, located in the Jammu and Kashmir region, was 34.1 degrees North latitude and 73.5 degrees East longitude,” Srinagar Meteorological Office director Sonam Lotus told IANS.
“No loss of life or damage to property was reported,” Lotus added.
- Moderate intensity tremor rocks Kashmir (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- 5.7 magnitude earthquake in Kashmir - Mar 21, 2011
- Moderate quake jolts Jammu and Kashmir - Mar 23, 2011
- Moderate intensity tremors rock Kashmir (Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Tremors rock Kashmir Valley, northwest Pakistan (Third Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Moderate intensity tremors rock Kashmir (Second Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Temblor shakes Kashmir, Pakistan, Afghanistan; no loss of life (Roundup) - Nov 07, 2011
- Earthquake jolts Kashmir - Jul 27, 2011
- 5.6-magniude quake jolts Pakistan - Mar 21, 2011
- Two low-intensity tremors rock Kashmir Valley - Jun 04, 2012
- Low intensity quake shakes Kashmir - May 10, 2012
- Moderate quake recorded in Kashmir - Apr 01, 2011
- 5.6 magnitude quake felt in Kashmir Valley - Jul 19, 2012
- Mild quake hits Bengal, Bihar - Mar 28, 2012
- Moderate earthquake jolts Jammu and Kashmir - Aug 14, 2012
Tags: earthquake, east longitude, epicentre, jammu, kashmir, kashmir valley, light intensity, lotus, magnitude, meteorological office, north latitude, office director, quake rocks, richter scale, saturday night, sonam