Punjab to have mobile ambulance for animalsMay 13th, 2012 - 1:48 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, May 13 (IANS) Animals in Punjab may now receive more prompt medical attention as the state government has decided to start a free veterinary mobile ambulance service to provide instant treatment to them.
This will be on the pattern of ‘108′ mobile ambulance services for people, Animal Husbandry Minister Gulzar Singh Ranike said here Sunday.
Ranike said the service would be operational soon with an aim to give instant and free treatment to the animals.
The mobile ambulance service would be provided at all 22 district headquarters and will connect the whole state through a toll free number, he said.
The mobile ambulance vans would be equipped with ultra-modern medical facilities to provide medical care to animals, added Ranike.
Though primarily an agriculture state, Punjab also has an established dairy network.
- Punjab to have cattle markets on French lines - Jun 21, 2011
- Punjab imports cattle semen to improve milch breeds - Apr 27, 2012
- Three Badal government ministers resign in six months (News Analysis) - Sep 18, 2012
- Punjab sanctions Rs.110 crore for veterinary facilities - Jun 13, 2010
- Badal allocates portfolios, son keeps home, excise - Mar 15, 2012
- Tripura to launch 24X7 ambulance service - Jul 28, 2012
- UP to set up control rooms for road accident victims - May 25, 2012
- UP government rolls out 133 ambulances - Sep 14, 2012
- Indian peacekeepers treat 15,000 animals in South Sudan - May 31, 2012
- US cattle genetics firm to help Punjab dairying - Sep 03, 2010
- Himachal Pradesh launches free ambulance service - Dec 25, 2010
- Free ambulance service starts in Himachal Pradesh - Dec 26, 2010
- Palanquin bearers to ferry patients in Himachal - Aug 16, 2012
- Virbhadra Singh: BJP got kickbacks in NRHM project in Himachal - Sep 10, 2012
- Livestock business gaining popularity among Punjab farmers - Nov 18, 2009
Tags: agriculture state, aim, ambulance service, ambulance services, animal husbandry, animals, dairy network, district headquarters, gulzar, medical attention, medical care, medical facilities, state government, toll free number, vans