Probe against officials for illegal mining in GoaSeptember 3rd, 2012 - 7:55 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Sep 3 (IANS) Stepping up his attack on the central government, Goa’s BJP Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar Monday said officials from the union ministry for environment and forests would be probed for allegedly abetting illegal mining in the state.
Parrikar was speaking at a function organised by journalists here.
“The officials of the MoEF gave faulty environment clearances for mines without taking into account the ground realities. They will be probed thoroughly,” Parrikar said, adding that an enquiry into Goa’s illegal mining scandal was already apace.
Parrikar, who is also the minister for mines, has been engaged in a running feud with the MoEF over issues related to illegal mining as well as harvesting of dumps of iron ore, more than 700 million tonnes of which dots Goa’s mining belt.
While the MoEF has claimed that mining was a central subject and that the Goa government had no right to take a policy decision on mining, Parrikar has claimed the contrary.
Goa exports over 50 million tonnes of iron ore annually. Parrikar, as opposition leader, had claimed last year that one-third of Goa’s mining exports were illegal.
- Parrikar dares Centre to find, shut illegal Goa ore mines - Sep 05, 2012
- Jayanthi Natarajan to arrive in Goa amidst mining controversy - Sep 05, 2012
- 40 mining companies in Goa issued notice - Apr 06, 2012
- Goa to have wireless trackers on ore-laden trucks - Sep 19, 2011
- Goa's mining prowess a matter of pride: Parrikar - Sep 18, 2012
- Ministry orders study on Goa's controversial mining - Aug 23, 2011
- Environment clearance of 93 Goa mines suspended (Second Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Auction illegal mines: Goa Congress - Sep 18, 2012
- Central government to blame for illegal mining: Parrikar (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Green nod for several Goa mines faulty, says ecologist - Apr 04, 2011
- Goa to frame new mining policy - Jul 30, 2010
- Goa mining scam worth Rs 34,935 crore: Justice Shah Commission - Sep 07, 2012
- Iron ore export eating away resources: Justice Shah - Sep 17, 2011
- 'Goa waterways cannot handle more iron ore traffic' - Apr 03, 2010
- Surprise in store for Natarajan: Parrikar - Sep 06, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,