Poacher held with tiger’s claw in Uttar PradeshAugust 15th, 2010 - 1:05 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 14 (IANS) A poacher was nabbed with a tiger’s claw near a forest area in Uttar Pradesh’s Lakhimpur district Saturday, officials said.
Dinesh Kumar, was nabbed by a team of forest officials, who found him moving suspiciously near the Dudhwa forest reserve, some 200 km from Lucknow.
“The claw recovered from him is of a sub-adult tiger,” Divisional Forest Officer Shailesh Prasad told reporters in Lakhimpur.
“Our officials are trying to gather more information related to the illegal wildlife trade from the man, who has been booked under multiple sections of the Wildlife Protection Act (WPA),” he added.
According to sources, the man has admitted that he has been into the illegal wildlife trade for nearly last five years.
Dudhwa, one of the country’s largest tiger reserve, had 106 tigers as per the last census.
- Leopard's carcass found in Uttar Pradesh forest - Dec 28, 2010
- Four held with snakes of endangered species - May 11, 2011
- Tigress found dead in Uttar Pradesh forest - Jul 30, 2011
- Poacher nabbed in Uttar Pradesh, leopard carcass seized - Dec 28, 2010
- Leopard cub found dead in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 13, 2011
- Man held with peacock carcasses in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 16, 2011
- Three wild tuskers electrocuted near Dudhwa sanctuary - Jul 08, 2011
- Third tiger found dead in UP - May 28, 2012
- Tiger attacks girl in Uttar Pradesh village - Jan 04, 2010
- Poacher held with tiger skin in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 15, 2011
- Fighting chance for India's tigers: Poaching declines - Feb 08, 2012
- Two poachers held with over 40 tortoises - Jan 10, 2011
- Three held with peacock carcasses - May 10, 2011
- Mystery surrounds death of tiger in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 09, 2010
- Two arrested with tiger skins in Varanasi - Jun 11, 2011