Pleasant, wet day in Delhi, more rains likely Thursday (Lead)August 8th, 2012 - 8:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 8 (IANS) The capital continued to have pleasant weather Wednesday as the skies opened up yet again and parts of the city received heavy showers accompanied by cool breeze. The weather office has forecast more rains Thursday.
“Skies will be cloudy and the city will receive one or two spells of rainfall,” said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
“The maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to hover around 34 and 27 degrees Celsius,” added the official.
The city Wednesday received a total of 10.7 mm of rain from 8.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
Wednesday’s both maximum and minimum temperatures were recorded a notch above average at 34.6 and 27.8 degrees Celsius respectively.
The humidity levels wavered between a high of 94 percent and low of 65 percent.
Incessant rains Tuesday morning brought down the maximum temperature a notch below the average to 32.9 degrees Celsius.
–Indo-Asian news Service
- Muggy Tuesday in Delhi, rain expected Wednesday (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Sunny day, pleasant evening in Delhi (Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Heavy rains lash parts of Delhi, more expected Friday (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Pleasant day in Delhi, light rain expected Saturday (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Hot day in Delhi, rains likely Friday (Lead) - Jul 07, 2011
- Cloudy day in Delhi, light showers expected - Jul 28, 2012
- Rains bring down mercury in Delhi, more likely (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Delhi has a breezy Tuesday (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Pleasant weather continues in Delhi (Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- Pleasant Monday in Delhi, no rains likely Tuesday (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Hot, sunny day in Delhi (Lead) - Apr 17, 2012
- Rains in Delhi bring down mercury, cause traffic snarls (Second Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Another sweltering day in Delhi, no respite Sunday (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- Pleasant day in Delhi, more rains Thursday (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Hot, sunny Sunday in Delhi, rains expected Monday (Lead) - May 20, 2012
Tags: asian news, cool breeze, humidity levels, incessant rains, india meteorological department, indo, ji, maximum temperature, minimum temperatures, New Delhi, news service, notch, rain, rainfall, rl, showers, spells, tuesday morning, weather office