Pleasant day in Delhi, more rains Thursday (Lead)August 1st, 2012 - 8:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 1 (IANS) The city residents enjoyed pleasant weather Wednesday with morning showers followed by a cloudy day. Rain has been forecast for Thursday too.
“The sky will remain cloudy and thundershowers are expected tomorrow (Thursday),” said an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official.
The maximum and minimum temperature would hover between 30 and 26 degrees Celsius, respectively, the official said.
The official said the city received 8.7 mm of rain between 8.30 a.m. and 5.30 p.m.
The maximum temperature in the national capital at 29.4 degrees was five notches below average while the minimum temperature was a notch below average at 26.3 degrees Celsius.
Humidity levels wavered between 97 and 83 percent.
The early morning rain again caused water logging and brought down trees, slowing down traffic.
According to the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD), water logging and falling of trees were reported from Azadpur, Rana Pratap Bagh, Karol Bagh, Laxmi Nagar, Lajpat Nagar and Mehrauli.
However, traffic police said there were no jams.
Tuesday, the maximum temperature had fallen six notches below the average to 27.9 degrees Celsius, while minimum temperature was a notch below average at 25.4 degrees Celsius.
- Rains lash Delhi Tuesday, more expected Wednesday (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Delhi has a breezy Tuesday (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- No rains in Delhi Thursday, likely Friday (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Rains drench Delhi again, more showers likely (Second Lead) - Jul 27, 2011
- Season's heaviest shower halts Delhi, more rain likely (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Traffic snarls in Delhi after morning rain (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Rains lash capital, traffic snarls in several places - Aug 01, 2012
- Sunny day in Delhi, rain expected Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 23, 2012
- Hot, sunny Sunday in Delhi, rains expected Monday (Lead) - May 20, 2012
- Pre-monsoon rains in Delhi bring respite, traffic snarls - Jul 07, 2012
- Warm day in Delhi, rains in store (Lead) - Apr 12, 2012
- Rains again elude Delhi Sunday, likely Monday (Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Muggy day in Delhi, rains in store (Lead) - Jul 10, 2011
- Cloudy day in Delhi, rains expected Sunday (Lead) - Jul 14, 2012
- Cloudy, warm day in Delhi, no rains expected Friday (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
Tags: city residents, cloudy day, early morning rain, humidity levels, india meteorological department, india meteorological department imd, jams, karol bagh, lajpat nagar, laxmi nagar, maximum temperature, mehrauli, minimum temperature, morning showers, municipal corporation of delhi, municipal corporation of delhi mcd, notches, rana pratap bagh, traffic police, water logging