People near Yamuna to be movedAugust 27th, 2012 - 9:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 27 (IANS) The Delhi government Monday asked people living near the rising Yamuna to move to safer areas.
The government advisory came as the river’s water level rose to 204.16 metres - 67 centimetres short of the danger mark.
“Our department will start evacuating people. All preparations are in place to deal with a flood-like situation,” Irrigation and Flood Control Minister A.K. Walia said.
“The water level has reached 204.16 metres and the danger mark is 204.83,” said an official.
- Yamuna level rising in Delhi - Aug 17, 2011
- Yamuna continues to flow above danger level in Delhi - Aug 18, 2011
- Yamuna level likely to cross danger mark - Aug 16, 2011
- Yamuna recedes but stays above danger mark - Aug 19, 2011
- Torrential downpour swamps Delhi, chaos on roads (Third Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Yamuna below danger mark at Delhi - Aug 20, 2011
- Torrential downpour swamps Delhi, chaos on roads (Second Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- BJP leaders to visit low-lying areas in Delhi - Aug 25, 2010
- Yamuna crosses danger mark - Aug 17, 2011
- Haryana not releasing water in Yamuna deliberately - Sep 10, 2010
- Yamuna still above danger mark - Sep 15, 2010
- Yamuna above danger mark, may rise more before receding - Sep 14, 2010
- Yamuna recedes in Delhi, but still above danger mark - Sep 12, 2010
- Yamuna set to cross danger mark (Lead) - Sep 09, 2010
- Flood threat again looms over Delhi - Sep 19, 2010