Panther kills girl in RajasthanApril 24th, 2012 - 12:19 am ICT by IANS
Jaipur, April 23 (IANS) A panther mauled to death a seven-year old girl in Rajasthan’s Rajsamand district, police said Monday.
Her body was found Monday morning in the dense forest area near Arawali hills in Nathdwara area of the district, some 300 km from Jaipur.
“The girl, Kesar, had disappeared late Sunday evening while she was playing outside her house in Gatada village in the forest area,” a police officer told IANS.
He added that her parents searched her throughout the night. “However, they found some blood stains on the way leading into the forest. The villagers followed the stains and found the girl’s body about a kilometer from the house,” said the officer.
The fact that the girl was attacked by a panther was confirmed by the injury marks on the her body and pug marks near the spot, police said.
“It seems the panther had dragged the girl into the forest and then mauled her to death. The postmortem of the girl’s body has been conducted. A team of forest department is trying to track down the panther,” said the officer.
- Panther dies of thirst in Rajasthan heat - May 30, 2012
- Tiger kills 19 year old - Mar 09, 2012
- Man beheads daughter in gory Rajasthan honour killing - Jun 17, 2012
- Woman's body found in Delhi - Apr 28, 2012
- Woman killed by tiger in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 05, 2011
- Bear mauls two men to death - Mar 06, 2012
- Rajasthan mulls national park in Kumbhalgarh - Mar 05, 2011
- Worried at poaching, Rajasthan launching Project Panther - Sep 13, 2011
- Two female foetuses recovered in Rajasthan - Nov 06, 2011
- Student sets herself afire after teacher's beating - Oct 14, 2011
- Australian tourist found dead in Jaipur hotel - Dec 15, 2011
- Two more children drown in pond in Rajasthan - Aug 19, 2012
- Dismembered body of missing girl found in Thane - Jun 26, 2011
- Rajasthan to deploy special police to protect forests - Mar 04, 2011
- Young techie trampled to death by tuskers near Bangalore - Jul 17, 2012