Panel to visit Lavasa project in January: RameshDecember 29th, 2010 - 8:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 29 (IANS) Environment minister Jairam Ramesh Wednesday said a three-member panel of his ministry will visit Lavasa Lake City project near Pune in Maharashtra in the first week of January to look into allegations of green laws violations.”A three-member technical team of the ministry will visit Lavasa project in the first week of January and we will submit our reply by Jan 10 as directed by the Bombay High Court,” Ramesh told reporters here.
The ministry Nov 25 slapped a show-cause notice on the company because it had allegedly failed to secure necessary environmental clearances before starting work on its 5,000-plus hectare project coming up in Mulshi sub-district of Pune district, around 200 km from Mumbai.
The high court upheld the ’stop work’ orders of the environment ministry to Lavasa Corporation Dec 22.
The next hearing of the case is scheduled for Jan 27.
- Court upholds ministry's 'stop work' notice to Lavasa - Dec 22, 2010
- POSCO final decision in a week: Jairam Ramesh - Jan 24, 2011
- Environment ministry to hear Lavasa Thursday - Dec 08, 2010
- Lavasa applies afresh for environmental clearance - Feb 14, 2011
- Environment ministry orders action against Lavasa, company 'welcomes' this (Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Environment ministry to give Lavasa decision Wednesday - Dec 14, 2010
- Lavasa can't do any construction, says environment ministry - Jan 18, 2011
- Lavasa's Pune project trips on green laws - Jun 10, 2011
- Lavasa township project denied environment clearance - Oct 14, 2011
- Lavasa disappointed at environment ministry's extended stay - Dec 15, 2010
- Lavasa welcomes central clearance for hill city - Nov 09, 2011
- Judges withdraw from Lavasa Lake City hearing - Dec 06, 2010
- Conditional green nod for Lavasa hill city project (Roundup) - Nov 09, 2011
- Lavasa to explain before environment ministry Friday - Dec 09, 2010
- Lavasa can't build, has caused green damage: Environment ministry (Lead) - Jan 18, 2011