Ornamental aquatic event starts Friday in ChennaiJanuary 7th, 2010 - 8:13 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Jan 7 (IANS) Fish breeders will get an opportunity to learn about ornamental fish trade from renowned experts at a three-day international event beginning here Friday.
The Indaquaria 2010 is organised by Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA) in collaboration with Ornamental Fish International (OFI), the Netherlands.
There would be technical and business sessions and buyer-seller meets, along with an exhibition, to update the traders on the latest technologies of production and marketing, an MPEDA release said Thursday.
This third edition of Indaquaria will have 50 stalls displaying varieties of ornamental fishes produced in India and related aquarium accessories. Technical sessions conducted by world renowned experts will be attended by 450 delegates from different parts of the country.
Ar present, the ornamental fish export from India is mostly dependent on wild caught fishes and the main collection areas are Western Ghats, Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka, North-East India, West Bengal and parts of Bihar and Uttar Pradesh.
The ornamental fish exports in the country increased from Rs.3.2 crore (in 2001-02) to Rs.5.43 crore in 2008-09.
- Aqua business opportunities on display at Chennai. - Feb 10, 2011
- Coir Festival rakes in Rs.100-crore business - Feb 06, 2012
- Weak rupee brings cheer to seafood industry - Nov 22, 2011
- Indian tea makers to showcase brew at London Olympics - Jul 25, 2012
- Chandigarh to host Indian Foundry Congress from Friday - Feb 10, 2011
- MPEDA, SYSCO signs agreement to promote Indian Black Tiger Shrimps - Oct 05, 2009
- Fashion jewellery exhibition from July 8 - Jun 30, 2011
- India ready to export ornamental fish across the world - Jan 29, 2010
- Kerala to host India's largest coir expo - Jan 12, 2011
- Bhupathi goes online to sell sports merchandise - May 25, 2012
- India's seafood exports cross $2 bn for first time - May 18, 2010
- People throng Kochi aquatic exhibition - Dec 18, 2010
- Delhi most active in e-commerce: eBay - Dec 08, 2010
- Bhavini takes measures in favour of fast reactor project - Jun 11, 2012
- Gujarat tops in marine fish output - Apr 14, 2010
Tags: aquarium accessories, bihar, business sessions, collection areas, crore, export development authority, fish breeders, fish export, fish exports, fish trade, india west, karnataka, mpeda, north east india, ornamental fish, ornamental fishes, tamil nadu, technical sessions, west bengal, world renowned experts