One killed in cloudburst in Himachal villageJune 1st, 2011 - 7:13 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, June 1 (IANS) One person was buried alive and two others were injured in a cloudburst in a Himachal Pradesh village in Chamba district, police said Wednesday. Half a dozen houses and shops were partially damaged in the natural disaster.
Superintendent of Police Madhu Sudan told IANS over phone that the cloudburst hit Udaipur village, some 50 km from district headquarters Chamba, late Tuesday night.
Prakash Chand was killed and two other injured persons were shifted to zonal hospital in Chamba, he said.
Five villagers buried under the debris were rescued Wednesday, he said.
The entire state has witnessed moderate to heavy rainfall in the past 24 hours.
The meteorological office in Shimla has forecast heavy rainfall and thundershowers with wind speed reaching 40 to 50 km per hour at some places in Chamba, Mandi, Shimla, Kullu and Kangra districts till Thursday.
- Incessant rains in Himachal, rivers in spate - Aug 21, 2012
- 39 people have died in Himachal rains - Sep 10, 2011
- Warming Himachal hills portend rains? - Jul 03, 2012
- Ten killed in Himachal accident - Apr 04, 2011
- 11 Delhi residents killed in Himachal accident - May 16, 2011
- Shimla, Manali get snowfall, mercury dips (Lead) - Feb 16, 2011
- 10 Delhi residents killed in Himachal accident (Lead) - May 16, 2011
- 43 killed in Himachal accidents - Mar 03, 2011
- Severe cold in Himachal, rain disrupts flights - Feb 15, 2011
- Heavy rains predicted in Himachal - Jul 08, 2012
- Five rescued from swollen Himachal river - Jul 15, 2011
- Rains bring down temperatures in Himachal - Jul 05, 2012
- Himachal may get more snow - Apr 20, 2012
- More snowfall, rain in Himachal - Feb 16, 2011
- Dry spell raises temperatures in Himachal hills - Jul 18, 2012
Tags: chand, cloudburst, debris, district headquarters, district police, dozen houses, half a dozen, kangra, kullu, madhu sudan, mandi, meteorological office, natural disaster, prakash, rainfall, superintendent, thundershowers, tuesday night, wind speed