One arrested for killing peacocks in Uttar PradeshMay 14th, 2009 - 4:43 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 14 (IANS) One man was arrested and four people booked for killing three peacocks in Uttar Pradesh’s Faizabad district Thursday, an official said.
Forest officials and the police had begun a joint probe after recovering the carcasses of the peacocks in Mathura village of Faizabad, about 250 km from here, Tuesday.
It was found that Chote Lal and four of his friends birds had killed the birds to eat them, divisional forest officer O.P. Singh told IANS on phone.
After his arrest, Chote Lal confessed to the crime. His friends are absconding, said police inspector Rakesh Singh.
The national bird is protected under Section 51, 1-A of the Wildlife Protection Act, 1972.
- Peacock Poacher arrested with three carcasses - Nov 24, 2010
- Man held with peacock carcasses in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 16, 2011
- Four arrested for poaching peacocks in Rajasthan - Jun 17, 2012
- Nine peacocks found dead in Rajasthan - Dec 10, 2011
- Three held with peacock carcasses - May 10, 2011
- 13 peacocks killed in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 09, 2011
- More peacocks found dead in Rajasthan - Feb 26, 2011
- 18 peacock carcasses found, poisoning suspected - Mar 22, 2011
- Poachers held with peacock carcasses - Apr 08, 2010
- Two arrested for killing peacocks - Feb 11, 2011
- Poaching, illness killing peacocks near Delhi - Aug 25, 2012
- Bihar village dreams big for its peacocks! - May 15, 2012
- Two poachers held with deer carcasses in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 16, 2010
- Land of Krishna protests ban on peacock feather trade - Jul 04, 2010
- Three held with skins of spotted deer - Nov 26, 2009