Odisha schools to revise class time due to cold waveDecember 20th, 2011 - 7:35 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Dec 20 (IANS) With a cold wave sweeping most parts of the region, schools in Odisha’s forested Kandhamal district have been asked to hold day-classes, an official said Tuesday.
The district headquarter town of Phulbani, about 200 km from state capital Bhubaneswar, has been experiencing less than six degrees Celsius temperature since the past few days.
The minimum temperature was recorded at less than three degrees Celsius in some interior places of the district this week, district collector Rajesh Prabhakar Patil told IANS.
“We have asked all the schools in the district to re-schedule their school hours,” he said.
Patil said the school authorities have been asked to hold day-classes in place of morning classes from tomorrow (Wednesday).
The Bhubaneswar meteorological centre said the cold wave conditions would continue to prevail in the interior parts of the state during the next 48 hours.
- Cold persists in Odisha - Jan 14, 2012
- Biting cold thaws a little, but fog disrupts travel (Roundup) - Dec 20, 2011
- Odisha shivers as mercury dips to 5.4 degrees - Jan 14, 2012
- Cold forces Orissa schools to suspend morning classes - Jan 08, 2011
- Orissa cold wave: Phulbani coldest at 7.6 degrees - Dec 17, 2010
- Mercury dips to 3.6 degree Celsius in Odisha - Dec 22, 2011
- Temperature dips to 4 degrees Celsius in Orissa - Dec 24, 2010
- Orissa shivers through coldest day of season - Dec 21, 2010
- At 46.7 degrees, Odisha bakes in blistering heat - May 25, 2012
- Cold wave continues to disrupt life in Orissa - Jan 21, 2010
- Cold wave continues in parts of Orissa - Jan 04, 2010
- Mercury soars in Odisha, Titilagarh records 44.5 C - May 15, 2012
- Orissa records season's lowest temperature - Jan 03, 2010
- Four die in Odisha heat wave - May 19, 2012
- Cold wave continues to paralyse normal life in Orissa - Jan 06, 2010