No rains in Delhi Thursday, likely Friday (Lead)August 2nd, 2012 - 8:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 2 (IANS) It was an uncomfortable Raksha Bandhan for Delhi residents Thursday with the maximum temperature three notches above average at 36.9 degrees Celsius, high humidity levels and no rains. But some showers are likely Friday.
The day began on a cloudy and pleasant note, with the minimum temperature a notch below average at 26.9 degrees Celsius, but then it grew hot and stuffy as the maximum temperature rose while humidity wavered between a high of 90 percent and a low of 50 percent.
Friday is likely to be generally cloudy and see some rain, according to an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official.
The maximum and minimum temperatures are likely to hover around 35 and 27 degrees Celsius, respectively.
- Pleasant weekend, rain expected Monday (Lead) - Jan 15, 2012
- Pleasant day in Delhi, showers expected - Jul 09, 2012
- Warm day in Delhi, rains in store (Lead) - Apr 12, 2012
- Delhi has a breezy Tuesday (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Breezy morning for Delhi, showers expected - Sep 06, 2012
- Delhi has another hot day, rains expected Sunday (Lead) - Jun 23, 2012
- Cloudy, warm day in Delhi, no rains expected Friday (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Pleasant day in Delhi, more rains Thursday (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Sultry Friday in Delhi, no rain again (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- Cloudy day in Delhi, rains expected Sunday (Lead) - Jul 14, 2012
- Sultry Sunday in Delhi, some rain expected Monday (Lead) - Aug 12, 2012
- Sunny day, pleasant evening in Delhi (Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Sultry morning in Delhi - Jun 08, 2012
- Light rain for Delhi Sunday, heavy showers likely Monday (Lead) - Aug 19, 2012
- Drizzle in Delhi, fog likely Monday (Second Lead) - Jan 01, 2012
Tags: aug 2, delhi residents, high humidity, humidity levels, india meteorological department, india meteorological department imd, maximum temperature, minimum temperature, minimum temperatures, New Delhi, notch, rain, raksha bandhan, showers, three notches