No environment clearance to VedantaJuly 2nd, 2011 - 10:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 2 (IANS) The environment ministry Saturday denied granting clearance to Anil Aggrawal led Vedanta Aluminum Ltd.
The rebuttal from the ministry came after some reports said that green signal had been given to the project at Lanjigarh in Orissa for bauxite mining, near the Niyamgiri reserve forest.
The ministry said this was not true.
It said the ministry had rejected the request for forest clearance, let alone granting environmental clearance on forest land.
- Speedy decisions on Posco, Vedanta: Jayanthi Natarajan - Jul 17, 2011
- India junks Vedanta's mining bid on environment concerns - Aug 24, 2010
- Orissa moves SC against denial of green nod to Vedanta mining project - Apr 01, 2011
- Apex court questions environment ministry on Niyamgiri (Lead) - Aug 01, 2011
- Supreme Court asks for fresh petition on Orissa mining issue - Apr 01, 2011
- Vedanta taps Gujarat for bauxite for Orissa refinery - Sep 02, 2010
- Villagers seek allocation of bauxite for Vedanta plant - Aug 29, 2012
- Orissa to examine rejection of Vedanta clearance (Lead) - Aug 24, 2010
- Vedanta companies tumble at bourses after mining ban - Aug 24, 2010
- Orissa protests rejection of Vedanta clearance - Aug 24, 2010
- Villagers stage demonstration seeking bauxite for Vedanta plant - Sep 11, 2012
- Apex court's final hearing on Sterlite project next year (Lead) - Aug 23, 2011
- Orissa seeking legal opinion on Vedanta project - Oct 28, 2010
- Supreme Court questions environment ministry on Niyamgiri - Aug 01, 2011
- Vedanta replies to ministry's showcause notices - Sep 15, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , ,