New norms to improve forest rights actJuly 13th, 2012 - 12:19 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 12 (IANS) The tribal affairs ministry Thursday issued new guidelines to improve implementation of the forest rights act by expanding the list of items considered as forest produce and easing norms for their transportation.
Tribal Affairs Minister V. Kishore Chandra Deo told mediapersons here that the new guidelines will help remove “problems” in the implementation of the law.
The Scheduled Tribes and Other Traditional Forest Dwellers (Recognition of Forest Rights) Act, 2006 aims to recognise and vest the forest rights and occupation in forest land in forest-dwelling scheduled tribes and other traditional dwellers whose rights could not be recorded.
The act was notified in December 2007 and rules for its implementation were notified in January 2008.
Deo, who assumed charge as tribal affairs minister July last, also said that his ministry was working on a scheme to provide minimum support price for minimum forest produce (MFP).
He said the ministry intended to implement the MSP scheme from Jan 1 next year.
- A million tribals have got land rights: Tribal Affairs Minister (Interview) - Sep 12, 2010
- CCEA approves integrated action plan for tribal, backward districts - Nov 26, 2010
- New norms for shifting people from forests withdrawn - Mar 07, 2011
- Help sought for tribals' livelihood plans in Tripura - Nov 16, 2011
- No ousting tribals from national parks, states told - Aug 26, 2010
- Tribals to protest denial of right to forests - Nov 02, 2009
- Rs.25 crore plan for 60 Maoist-hit districts: Chidambaram - Nov 26, 2010
- Tribal policy will be placed before cabinet soon - Jun 01, 2010
- Forest rights panel on Uttar Pradesh visit from Saturday - Sep 03, 2010
- Dr. Tushar A. Chaudhary assumes charge as Minister of State for Tribal Affairs - Jun 01, 2009
- Once 'criminal tribes' might finally get integrated - May 28, 2012
- Tribals demand first right to forests, write to PM - Nov 03, 2009
- Panel to study impact of proposed mines in Orissa - Jul 01, 2010
- Nomadic Gujjars seek rights over forests in Kashmir - Nov 10, 2009
- Focussed on welfare schemes for SC, ST: PM - Aug 15, 2012
Tags: affairs minister, affairs ministry, aims, chandra, deo, dwelling, forest dwellers, forest land, implementation, kishore, minimum support price, New Delhi, norms, occupation, traditional forest, tribal affairs, tribes