‘Near normal’ monsoon this year, says weather officeApril 17th, 2009 - 7:08 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 17 (IANS) The country will experience “near normal” monsoon this year, the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) Friday forecast.
“The rainfall during the 2009 South-West monsoon season from June to September in the country is likely to be near normal,” said a statement from the IMD.
The forecast will be updated in June.
- IMD says monsoon likely normal despite scanty rains - Jun 22, 2012
- India's monsoon likely to be normal: Deshmukh (Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- Less rains likely in August-September: IMD - Aug 02, 2012
- Met office predicts normal south-west monsoon this year - Apr 23, 2010
- Monsoon likely to be normal (Lead) - Apr 19, 2011
- Monsoon arrives in Kerala (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- Government expects normal monsoon this year (Lead) - Apr 23, 2010
- Below normal monsoon likely this year (Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- India to have normal monsoon this year: Bansal - Apr 19, 2011
- India monsoon likely to be normal (Second Lead) - Apr 19, 2011
- India's monsoon likely to be normal: Deshmukh - Apr 26, 2012
- Monsoon hits Kerala, IMD says delay is ok (Second Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- Monsoon likely to be below normal - Jun 21, 2011
- Normal monsoon may cool high inflation - Apr 19, 2011
- Monsoon reaches Andaman Islands - May 17, 2010