N-plant opponents demand MP’s resignationNovember 9th, 2011 - 11:01 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Nov 9 (IANS) A group of protesters opposing the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project (KNPP) in Tamil Nadu Wednesday demanded the resignation of Congress MP representing Tirunelveli constituency S.S. Ramasubbu before taking a pro-nuclear energy stand.
S.P. Udayakumar, coordinator, People’s Movement Against Nuclear Enegy (PMANE), said in a statement: “The Tirunelveli Congress MP, Mr. Ramasubbu, is leading a small group of detractors against the People’s Movement Against Nuclear Energy and causing confusion in the society.”
“This is unacceptable because he also represents the people who oppose the KKNPP project,” he said.
“Given this situation, he should resign his elected office before taking sides on a partisan issue such as the nuclear policy and programmes and leading a movement against his own people,” he said.
- Kalam visit fruitful, but Kudankulam officials aloof: MP - Nov 09, 2011
- Centre, Tamil Nadu should operationalise Kudankulam: MP - Feb 03, 2012
- Remove atomic scientist, expand expert panel: Kudankulam activists - Feb 10, 2012
- Anti-Kudankulam activists willing to withdraw protest - May 07, 2012
- Democratic protests against Kudankulam stifled: Prashant Bhushan - Mar 31, 2012
- It's David vs Goliath at Kudankulam: Anti-nuke activist - Feb 28, 2012
- Situation under control in Kundankulam - Sep 12, 2012
- Work of central panel on Kudankulam over: Convenor - Jan 31, 2012
- Fifteen people fast against Kudankulam project - Mar 20, 2012
- Kudankulam protest: 23,000 surrender voter ID cards - May 09, 2012
- Situation calm in Kudankulam, more protestors arrested (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Anti-Kudankulam project protestors slam safety report - May 25, 2012
- AERB clears fuel loading in Kudankulam nuclear reactor - Aug 10, 2012
- Protest against Kudankulam n-plant to continue Friday (Second Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- No NDMA policy on safety drills near nuclear sites, finds RTI plea - Jul 07, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,