Mystery Over Blackbirds Death Lightens As Autopsy Results Are DeclaredJanuary 4th, 2011 - 6:57 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Arkansas, Jan 4, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The new year blackbird death fiasco in Arkansas’s Beebe town is close to being resolved and the autopsy reports indicate that no poisoning was involved. The residents of the two were amazed and shocked when they saw thousands of red winged blackbirds dropping to their death from sky everywhere in the town. The streets were covered by the bird corpses making a mess of the new year celebrations. The ornithologists as well as scientists were initially unsure about the cause of the mass death of the birds and a number of theories surfaced after the fiasco. The soothsayers went as far as to predict this was an indicator for doomsday. Karen Rowe, an ornithologist with Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said that the cause could be a severe lightning bolt.
The clean-up was complete by Sunday and the mayor of Beebe put the crews to the task who used environmental-protection suits. The birds fell over an area covering a mile in the town. The experts visited the spot where the birds used to stay and they ruled out poisoning. The autopsy reports pf some birds that were sent for testing have come out. The reports also indicate that they did not eat anything toxic. The reports also indicate that the birds were hit by blunt trauma mid air and possibly died before they had hit the ground. Their bodies contain evidences of internal hemorrhage.
The Blackbirds fly thick and the firecrackers used on new year eve could have scared them as well. The incident is unprecedented according to the residents of Beebe.
- Birds Found Dead Again, Now In Lousiana - Jan 05, 2011
- Dead Birds Rain Havoc, Fish Corpses Float: Arkansas Goes Crazy - Jan 04, 2011
- Officials Baffled As More Than 1,000 Dead Birds Fall From Sky in Arkansas - Jan 03, 2011
- Mass blackbird deaths in US on New Year's eve - Jan 03, 2012
- Fireworks likely cause of Arkansas bird deaths - Jan 04, 2011
- Thousands of birds, fish die in US - Jan 03, 2011
- Sweden, Louisiana Joins Arkansas In Dying Birds Mystery - Jan 06, 2011
- More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark. - Jan 03, 2011
- Something fishy happening on Norway beach - Jan 04, 2012
- 20 killed in US flash floods - Jun 12, 2010
- Sparrows twittering louder to be heard - Apr 03, 2012
- More peacocks found dead in Rajasthan - Feb 26, 2011
- 16 killed in US flash floods (Lead) - Jun 12, 2010
- Pakistani child killed in firecracker blast - Jun 16, 2012
- Kirk Cameron Refutes Claims That Bird Deaths Are Linked To Apocalypse - Jan 07, 2011
Tags: arkansas game and fish, arkansas game and fish commission, autopsy reports, autopsy results, beebe, blunt trauma, doomsday, evidences, firecrackers, hemorrhage, karen rowe, lightning bolt, mass death, mid air, new year celebrations, new year eve, ornithologist, ornithologists, red winged blackbirds, soothsayers