Muggy morning in DelhiJuly 20th, 2012 - 11:42 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 20 (IANS) Delhiites woke up to a muggy morning Friday with the minimum temperature settling five notches above average at 32.2 degrees Celsius and humidity remaining above 50 percent. The weather office has forecast rains later in the day.
“The skies will remain cloudy and some parts of the city are expected to get one or two spells of rainfall or thundershowers,” an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official said.
The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 37 degrees Celsius, the official added.
Humidity recorded at 8.30 a.m. stood at 55 percent.
According to the IMD, the capital has received a total rainfall of only 88.6 mm this monsoon — 49 percent less than normal.
The monsoon is expected to last in the national capital till Sep 20, though its position might change, the official said.
Thursday’s maximum temperature settled seven notches above the season’s average at 40.5 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature rose six notches above average before settling at 32.2 degrees Celsius.
- Muggy Sunday morning in Delhi, rains likely - Jul 22, 2012
- Hot and cloudy Thursday in Delhi, some rains likely Friday (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Muggy morning in Delhi, rains expected - Jul 23, 2012
- Drizzle in Delhi, more showers likely - Jul 30, 2012
- Another warm day in Delhi (Lead) - Nov 04, 2011
- Humid Thursday morning for Delhi, showers expected - Sep 13, 2012
- Muggy day in Delhi, Sunday likely to be wet day (Lead) - Aug 13, 2011
- Humid Monday morning for Delhi - Aug 06, 2012
- Muggy Wednesday, no rain likely till Friday (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Drizzle in Delhi, more rain likely - Jul 26, 2012
- Drizzle in parts of Delhi, muggy Tuesday likely (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Cloudy day in Delhi, rains likely - Jul 22, 2011
- Rains lash Delhi, traffic snarls follow (Lead) - Aug 23, 2011
- Humid, cloudy day in Delhi, rains expected Thursday (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Steamy Monday in Delhi as rains stay away again (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
Tags: degrees celsius, humidity, india meteorological department, india meteorological department imd, maximum temperature, minimum temperature, monsoon, New Delhi, notches, rainfall, spells, weather office