Muggy morning in Delhi, rains expectedJuly 23rd, 2012 - 11:22 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 23 (IANS) The week started on a muggy note for the capital Monday with the minimum temperature settling three notches above average at 29.8 degrees Celsius. The weather office has forecast rains later in the day.
“The skies will remain cloudy but some parts of the city are expected to get one or two spells of rainfall or thundershowers,” said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 37 degrees Celsius, added the IMD official.
The humidity recorded at 8.30 a.m. was 70 percent.
According to IMD, the capital has recorded a total rainfall of 88.6 mm this season. The rain deficit has grown to 57 percent.
Monsoon is expected to last in Delhi till Sep 20.
Sunday’s maximum temperature was three notches above the average at 37.3 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature was two notches above the season’s average at 28.5 degrees Celsius.
- Muggy Sunday morning in Delhi, rains likely - Jul 22, 2012
- Steamy Monday in Delhi as rains stay away again (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Muggy morning in Delhi - Jul 20, 2012
- Muggy morning in Delhi, light rains likely - Jul 24, 2012
- Humid Thursday morning for Delhi, showers expected - Sep 13, 2012
- Humid Monday morning for Delhi - Aug 06, 2012
- Drizzle in Delhi, more showers likely - Jul 30, 2012
- Cloudy, hot Tuesday in Delhi, rains in store (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Cloudy day in Delhi, light showers expected - Jul 28, 2012
- Drizzle in Delhi, more rain likely - Jul 26, 2012
- Drizzle in parts of Delhi, muggy Tuesday likely (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Hot and cloudy Thursday in Delhi, some rains likely Friday (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Humid morning in Delhi, showers expected - Jul 29, 2012
- Muggy Tuesday in Delhi, rains expected - Jul 17, 2012
- Muggy Wednesday, no rain likely till Friday (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012