Morning fog affects flights in Delhi, warm day follows (Lead)February 8th, 2011 - 8:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 8 (IANS) Overnight showers caused heavy fog in the capital city Tuesday morning, affecting over a dozen international and domestic flights at the Indira Gandhi International Airport. However, the day later became clear and warm.Some morning flights were delayed while others were rescheduled due to poor visibility, which later improved, an official said.
Delhi received 5.9 mm of rainfall Monday night — causing traffic jams at many places which continued Tuesday morning.
Traffic movement was particularly slow on the outer ring road, Subroto Park and Dhaula Kuan in south Delhi, Anand Vihar in east Delhi and Naraina in west Delhi.
However, Tuesday remained warm with a clear sky and above average temperatures. The met office has forecast warmer days ahead.
“The maximum temperature was 23.8 degrees, two notches above average while the minimum was 11.7 degrees, four notches above average,” an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
The humidity was recorded at a high of 98 percent and a low of 44 percent, the official added.
People in Delhi expecting another chilly day saw the sun breaking through the morning fog as the day advanced.
“We had expected the chill to stay throughout the day after Monday’s showers, but it was bright and warm weather,” said Ajit Arora, a businessman residing in north Delhi.
According to IMD, there is no forecast of rain Wednesday which is expected to be clear and bright.
“The maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to be around 22 and 10 degrees Celsius, respectively,” said the official.
- Fog, chill back in Delhi, flights affected - Feb 08, 2011
- Pleasant day ahead for Delhi - Nov 26, 2011
- Foggy start, sunny day ahead in Delhi - Nov 22, 2011
- Warm, sunny Monday expected (Lead) - Dec 04, 2011
- Warm, cloudy Sunday for Delhi - Apr 01, 2012
- Sunny Tuesday morning in Delhi - May 15, 2012
- Sunny day in Delhi, rains likely Saturday (Lead) - Feb 03, 2012
- Foggy morning in Delhi, clear day ahead - Nov 24, 2011
- Chilly morning in Delhi, sunny day ahead - Dec 22, 2011
- Pleasant day in Delhi, rain likely Tuesday (Lead) - Feb 06, 2012
- Hot day in Delhi, rain expected Tuesday (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Another sunny day in Delhi (Lead) - Nov 26, 2011
- Warm day in Delhi, no respite Wednesday (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Foggy morning, clear day ahead in Delhi - Nov 23, 2011
- Clear sky forecast for Monday (Lead) - Dec 11, 2011
Tags: average temperatures, dhaula kuan, domestic flights, east delhi, india meteorological department, india meteorological department imd, indira gandhi, indira gandhi international airport, minimum temperatures, morning flights, morning fog, morning traffic, north delhi, overnight showers, poor visibility, south delhi, traffic jams, traffic movement, warm weather, west delhi