Moratorium extended on critically polluted industrial clustersOctober 26th, 2010 - 8:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 26 (IANS) The environment ministry Tuesday announced that it will extend the moratorium on developmental projects in critically polluted industrial clusters, including Tarapur, Vapi and Coimbatore, till March next year.
The Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) has identified 43 industrial clusters in various states as critically polluted, based on the parameters related to incidence of pollution in water, land and air.
“Of the 43 critically polluted industrial clusters, we have received remediation action plans from 27. Based on the inputs received from the CPCB, the ministry has lifted moratorium on five clusters,” said an environment ministry official.
The five clusters include Tarapur in Maharashtra, Vapi in Gujarat, Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu, Mandi-Govindgarh in Punjab and Pattencherru-bollaram in Andhra Pradesh.
The government imposed a temporary moratorium on Jan 1 on consideration of developmental projects, including the projects in the pipeline for clearance, in these clusters till Aug 30. The states were asked to submit to the CPCB by July 31 a remediation plan to check the pollution.
The deadline was later extended to Oct 31.
- Moratorium extended on critically polluted industrial clusters (Lead) - Oct 26, 2010
- Moratorium on polluting industrial projects extended - Apr 28, 2011
- Moratorium extended on projects in polluted clusters - Aug 31, 2010
- Moratorium lifted in 8 industrial clusters - Feb 16, 2011
- No new factories in 43 critically polluted areas till August - Jan 15, 2010
- 'Life cycle analysis to be mandatory for environmental clearance' - Feb 09, 2010
- Moratorium on new projects in coastal Maharashtra extended - Oct 31, 2011
- Ganga pollution: Regulator gets more teeth - Sep 01, 2010
- Gujarat acts on critically polluted clusters - Mar 20, 2010
- Don't clear new industrial projects in Noida: Green tribunal - Apr 12, 2012
- MOEF gets Rs. 200 crores under bioremediation for first time - Mar 23, 2011
- Don't clear new industrial projects in Noida: Green tribunal (Lead) - Apr 12, 2012
- Moratorium on new projects in coastal Maharashtra extended - Jan 10, 2011
- Four industrial units closed for polluting Ganga - Oct 13, 2010
- 160 noise monitoring stations in India by next year - Oct 24, 2010
Tags: andhra pradesh, central pollution control board, coimbatore, cpcb, developmental projects, gujarat, industrial clusters, mandi, ministry official, moratorium, New Delhi, oct 31, parameters, pipeline, pollution control board, punjab, remediation plan, tamil nadu, vapi, water land and air