Moderate rainfall in Himachal PradeshJune 15th, 2011 - 2:47 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, June 15 (IANS) Widespread moderate showers early Wednesday across Himachal Pradesh pushed down temperatures.
“The entire state witnessed mild to moderate rains. The day’s temperature is expected to plummet 4-5 degrees,” Manmohan Singh, director of the meteorological office here, told IANS.
Most prominent tourist destinations like Dharamsala, Palampur, Manali, Kasauli, Shimla, Kufri, Narkanda, Chamba and Dalhousie witnessed rainfall, bringing down temperatures to comfortable levels, he said.
Dharamsala, the seat of the Dalai Lama, recorded 14.8 mm of rain. Shimla’s maximum temperature was 14 degrees Celsius Wednesday, a fall of 3.8 degrees from Tuesday.
- Rain cools hills of Himachal - May 27, 2011
- Rain in Himachal brings down temperatures - Jun 05, 2010
- Himachal gets drenched - Jul 07, 2012
- Evening showers cool Shimla - May 30, 2011
- Dry spell raises temperatures in Himachal hills - Jul 18, 2012
- Warming Himachal hills portend rains? - Jul 03, 2012
- More snow in Himachal, high alert in state (Lead) - Jan 15, 2012
- Rains in store in Himachal Pradesh - Jun 04, 2012
- Heat grips Shimla too (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- It's snowing Valentine's fun in Himachal - Feb 13, 2012
- Rain lower temperature in Himachal - May 01, 2011
- Himachal towns get snow after 35 years (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- Hills of Himachal witnessing rainfall - May 06, 2011
- More snow in Shimla, Manali (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Himachal braces for rain, snow - Jan 02, 2012