Missing dog sends Ranchi police into a tizzyApril 16th, 2008 - 2:57 pm ICT by admin
Ranchi, April 16 (IANS) A missing dog has caught the attention of the Jharkhand capital. The chief minister has expressed his concern and the police have gone into an overdrive in search of the canine even as its owner tries to get help from people via local TV channels. A female pug named Kitty went missing April 6. Since then, her owner R.K. Sahay has been distributing pamphlets with the dog’s features and appealing to Ranchi residents through local channels to help him find his pet.
Sahay has lodged a report with the police and also announced an award of Rs.10,000 for anyone finding Kitty.
“We are searching for the dog,” said Randhir Kumar, officer in charge of Lalpur police station.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda told a local news channel: “We will look into the matter. The owner should consult the neighbours and search for the dog.”
Sahay’s male pug has not been eating since Kitty went missing.
Sahay bought the two dogs two years ago for Rs.25,000 each. He claims that the price of a pug has gone up to Rs.80,000.
“We are missing Kitty very much. My dogs lead a luxurious life. I am concerned about the welfare of my missing dog,” he said.
- Koda booked for instigating prisoners - Nov 02, 2011
- Policemen broke my hand for seeking good food: Koda - Oct 31, 2011
- With hand fractured, Madhu Koda continues protests - Nov 01, 2011
- Security beefed up in Ranchi after blast threat - Sep 22, 2011
- Union minister on protest arrested in Jharkhand - Apr 05, 2011
- Koda told to pay Rs.1,200 crore in income tax dues - Jan 02, 2012
- Congress demands probe into Ranchi police firing - Apr 06, 2011
- Jharkhand demolitions: Contempt case against union minister - Apr 18, 2011
- Pug fashion leads to longer noses and legs - Jul 16, 2012
- One killed in violent anti-demolition protests in Ranchi (Lead) - Apr 05, 2011
- Jailed Koda can't celebrate Diwali with family - Nov 04, 2010
- Stolen dog is found riding a bus - Nov 29, 2011
- Koda to appeal against Rs.1,200 crore tax demand - Jan 09, 2012
- Madhu Koda, ex-Minister shifted from hospital to jail - Dec 30, 2011
- Koda discharged from hospital to be questioned by IT officials - Nov 08, 2009