Milwaukee Blizzard To Hit The City HardFebruary 2nd, 2011 - 8:29 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Feb 2, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The deadly Milwaukee blizzard is all set to visit the state of Wisconsin on Tuesday night. The blizzard is heading towards the state at a speed of 55 miles per hour. Although several other cities might be affected by the wrath of the storm, it would be the city of Milwaukee, to face the maximum trouble. It is expected to accumulate about one foot of snow, to completely paralyze the regular functioning of the city.
The temperature may reduce to 20 degrees Fahrenheit while the storm would be on. Milwaukee blizzard may be regarded as the worst blizzard that has ever affected the city so far. However, for the entire state of Wisconsin, it may not be the worst, as in this winter, Polk County received about two feet of snow. The news of this blizzard has also caused early closings of schools and offices, with reasonable delays in certain areas. The National Weather Service has warned that there are every possibilities of “life threatening conditions”. The authorities have warned against getting out of the home, and avoid the usage of cars and driving. Even public transport may not ply, as the weather officials have predicted its adversities.
Wisconsin Emergency Management spokesman Tod Pritchard said that they are trying their best to get the situation under control, and have already declared a state of emergency in the southern part of the state, much before the storm is scheduled to hit it. The emergency service providers will take the help of Wisconsin National Guard to clear up the roads and provide voluntary services. Schools, colleges and universities will remain shut until the blizzard starts perishing. A truck driver, Kevin Trongeau says that the situation is terrible, and the wind is strong enough to through a big truck right across three lanes.
- Wisconsin Road Conditions Expected To Improve Soon - Dec 13, 2010
- Chicago Midwest Brace For Winter Storm, Flights Canceled To Ensure Safety - Feb 01, 2011
- Schools And Flights Dismissed Owing To Snow Storm Threat - Jan 12, 2011
- Chicago Citizens To Face Heavy Blizzard - Feb 01, 2011
- Chicago Blizzard 2011 Shuts Down The City - Feb 02, 2011
- Snow Storm Sweeps East Coast - Jan 27, 2011
- Severe weather conditions headed toward the mid-Atlantic - Feb 06, 2010
- Blizzard dumps heavy snow on US Mid-Atlantic - Feb 07, 2010
- New York blizzard: Residents asked to be patient amid chaos - Dec 29, 2010
- Chicago Blizzard 2011 Disrupts Normal Life, Smacks Cities - Feb 03, 2011
- Over 1.8 mn go 'powerless' in US for fourth day (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Blizzard closes D.C.-area airports - Feb 11, 2010
- New Yorkers losing patience with Mayor Bloomberg over snow chaos - Dec 30, 2010
- HISD To Remain Closed On Friday - Feb 04, 2011
- University Of Illinois' Classes Remains Suspended Owing To Chicago Blizzard - Feb 02, 2011
Tags: adversities, blizzard, city of milwaukee, colleges and universities, emergency service providers, feb 2, foot of snow, kar, miles per hour, national weather service, polk county, pritchard, situation under control, state of emergency, state of wisconsin, two feet, voluntary services, weather officials, wisconsin emergency management, wisconsin national guard