Mild earthquake rocks Orissa, JharkhandMarch 26th, 2009 - 6:26 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, March 26 (IANS) An earthquake measuring 3.8 on the Richter scale Thursday rocked parts of Orissa and Jharkhand, the meteorological office here said.
The earthquake occurred at 10.14 a.m., S.C. Sahu, the director of Bhubaneswar Meteorological Centre, told IANS.
“Its epicentre was located at latitude 22.60 north and longitude 85.70 east in Chaibasa in West Singhbhum district of Jharkhand,” he said.
The tremors were felt at Bahalda in Mayurbhanj district of Orissa and in some places in Jharkhand, Sahu added.
- Mild tremor felt in parts of Odisha - Aug 31, 2012
- Mild quake in Orissa, no damage reported - Apr 19, 2011
- Moderate intensity tremor rocks Kashmir (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Moderate quake hits Japan - Apr 02, 2012
- Moderate quake recorded in Kashmir - Apr 01, 2011
- Quake rocks Kashmir - Sep 24, 2011
- Moderate tremors felt in north India (Lead) - Mar 21, 2011
- Tremors felt in coastal Orissa after Andaman quake - Jun 13, 2010
- Earthquake jolts Kashmir - Jul 27, 2011
- Mild quake hits Bengal, Bihar - Mar 28, 2012
- Moderate earthquake jolts Jammu and Kashmir - Aug 14, 2012
- Quake hits Papua New Guinea - Aug 21, 2011
- Moderate intensity quake jolts Kashmir (Lead) - Jan 24, 2011
- Quake jolts India-Myanmar border - Jul 15, 2012
- Moderate quake jolts Gujarat (Lead) - Oct 21, 2011