Mercury rises to 42.7 C in Delhi, Friday to be similar (Lead)June 14th, 2012 - 8:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 14 (IANS) It was a hot Thursday in the capital with the maximum temperature climbing three notches above the average to 42.7 degrees Celsius. Friday is likely to be the same, according to the weather office.
The minimum temperature Thursday was four notches above average at 31.8 degrees Celsius. Humidity had a high and low of 37 and 15 percent, respectively.
The weather department forecast similar temperatures and mainly clear skies for Friday.
“Friday should have mainly clear skies with the maximum and minimum temperatures of 43 and 32 degrees Celsius, respectively,” an official at the India Meteorological Department (IMD) told IANS.
Wednesday’s maximum temperature was four notches above average at 43.2 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature at 30.4 degrees was three notches higher than what is the average for this time of the season.
- Sweltering Saturday for Delhi, Sunday to be same (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Hot Wednesday in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Hot day in Delhi, mercury to rise Thursday (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Unrelenting heat in Delhi, no respite Friday (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Hot day for Delhi, light rains expected - Jul 02, 2012
- Sweltering day for Delhi - Jun 20, 2012
- Another sweltering day in Delhi, no respite Sunday (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- Delhi reels under searing heat, monsoon a week away (Second lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- Warm day in Delhi, no respite Saturday (Lead) - Feb 24, 2012
- Hot Saturday for Delhi - Jun 16, 2012
- Delhi has another hot day, rains expected Sunday (Lead) - Jun 23, 2012
- Scorching day in store for Delhi - Jun 30, 2012
- Breezy morning for Delhi, showers expected - Sep 06, 2012
- Hot Tuesday in Delhi, similar weather Wednesday (Lead) - Jun 19, 2012
- Another hot, humid day in Delhi (Lead) - Sep 22, 2011
Tags: clear skies, humidity, india meteorological department, india meteorological department imd, june 14, maximum temperature, mercury, minimum temperature, minimum temperatures, New Delhi, three notches, time of the season, weather department, weather office