MCD sets up monsoon control roomJune 26th, 2011 - 10:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 26 (IANS) With the monsoon hitting the capital three days before schedule, the Municipal Corporation of Delhi has set up a round-the-clock control room to tackle issues like clogging of drains and waterlogging.
“We have set up a round-the-clock control room with helplines in all the 12 zones of MCD. If any person has problems like waterlogging, sanitation, manholes, clogged drains, he can call our helplines and their problems will be addressed,” MCD Standing Committee chairman Yogender Chandolia told IANS.
“These control rooms will have labourers, vehicles, portable pumps and other equipments to tackle the problems of monsoon,” he said.
These control rooms were set up 2010 also but came cropper in tackling the problems created by tge monsoon.
“The past year had more than expected rains and in addition to that Haryana had released water in large volumes which increased problems for in effectively delivering,” Delhi Mayor Rajini Abbi told IANS.
“Due to last year’s constructions in the runup to the Commonwealth Games, Delhi’s ground surface has become very much concretised which also adds to the problem. We shall be better prepared this time,” added Abbi.
The control room can be reached at 011-23212700, 011-23220010, 011-23220016 and 011-23220037.
- Ready to tackle water stagnation during rains: MCD - Jun 27, 2011
- MCD gears up water-logging control rooms - Jun 28, 2010
- Dikshit alerts civic agencies before monsoon - Jun 14, 2012
- When an inundated Delhi reminded one of Venice! - Sep 09, 2011
- Day after rain chaos, MCD plays blame game - Sep 16, 2011
- Delhi waterlogging: Civic agencies ignored police warning - Aug 24, 2010
- Prepared to tackle flood like situation in Delhi: Dikshit - Jul 10, 2009
- Will Delhi weather the storm this monsoon? - Jul 01, 2010
- Are Delhi agencies geared to tackle monsoon? - Jul 06, 2012
- Season's heaviest rain halts Delhi - Aug 21, 2012
- Learnt lessons, prepared for monsoon: MCD - Jul 05, 2010
- Draw up drainage action plan: MCD to Delhi government (Lead) - Jul 15, 2010
- Waterlogging hits Kashmere Gate inter-state bus services - Sep 23, 2010
- Court seeks report from civic agencies on water-logging - Jul 11, 2012
- Season's heaviest shower halts Delhi, more rain likely (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,