Maximum temperatures dip in Punjab, HaryanaJanuary 4th, 2012 - 7:50 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Jan 4 (IANS) After getting a respite from low and sub-zero temperatures in the past one week, Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh saw a sharp drop in the maximum temperatures Wednesday.
Chandigarh recorded a maximum temperature of 17.2 degree Celsius (four degrees below normal) and a minimum temperature of 6.2 degrees in the last 24 hours.
Ambala city in Haryana recorded a high of 14.8 degrees, four degrees below normal.
At 11.30 a.m. Wednesday, Chandigarh recorded a temperature of 14.6 degrees while Ambala and Patiala were at 12 and 9.6 degrees, respectively.
All flights from Chandigarh airport were cancelled Wednesday due to adverse weather conditions.
Thick fog engulfed several parts of Punjab and Haryana Wednesday morning as cold wave conditions continued in both states.
Met Centre officials here said the minimum temperatures at most places were higher than the sub-zero temperatures recorded last week.
Several districts in both states were affected by fog.
Amritsar had a low of 3.4 degrees. The maximum temperature in the city was 19.8 degrees.
According to Met officials, fog and mist could occur at a few places in the next two days.
- Some respite from chill in Punjab, Haryana - Jan 02, 2012
- Dense fog in Punjab, Haryana - Jan 03, 2012
- Amritsar shivers at minus 2.1 degrees - Dec 30, 2011
- Amritsar reels at minus 0.2 degree - Dec 31, 2011
- Punjab, Haryana slightly warmer Thursday - Dec 29, 2011
- Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh slightly warmer - Jan 01, 2012
- Snowless but bone-chilling Christmas in north India (Roundup) - Dec 25, 2011
- Minimum temperatures rise across Punjab and Haryana - Jan 16, 2012
- Cold keeps grip on north India, fog affects 51 trains (Roundup) - Dec 28, 2011
- Sub-zero Rohtak, freezing Amritsar suffer winter blues - Dec 24, 2011
- Amritsar continues to shiver, records minus 1.4 temperature - Dec 28, 2011
- Minimum temperatures above normal in Punjab, Haryana - Feb 06, 2012
- Fog returns in Chandigarh, mercury below normal - Jan 12, 2011
- Maximum temperatures fall in Punjab, Haryana - Jan 08, 2012
- A bright sun warms, but freeze continues in north India (Roundup) - Jan 23, 2012
Tags: adverse weather conditions, cold wave, degree celsius, flights, four degrees, haryana, maximum temperature, maximum temperatures, minimum temperature, minimum temperatures, patiala, respite from, thick fog, wave conditions, wednesday morning, zero temperatures