Manali gets season’s first snowfallOctober 22nd, 2010 - 9:24 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Oct 22 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh’s picturesque town Manali experienced the season’s first snow fall Friday evening, much to the delight of those in the hospitality industry.
“Manali and the hills overlooking the town received mild snowfall this (Friday) evening,” an official of the meteorological office here said.
He said Manali got five centimetres of snow, while the Rohtang Pass, 52 km from Manali, experienced more than two feet of snowfall.
Meanwhile, mild snowfall in the higher reaches and intermittent rain in low and mid hills of the state, including Shimla, Kasauli, Kufri, Dharamsala, Palampur and Chamba, brought the temperatures down sharply.
“We are now hopeful of a good spell of snow this year. This means the arrival of the tourists would pick up,” said Gajinder Singh, president of the Manali Hoteliers Association.
- More snow in Shimla, Manali (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Snow in Manali hills, tourists happy on 11.11.11 - Nov 11, 2011
- Hills near Shimla get season's first snowfall - Dec 29, 2010
- Himachal gets season's first snow amid rains (Lead) - Aug 13, 2011
- Himachal towns get snow after 35 years (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- Himachal's snowy peaks pull in tourists - Dec 12, 2011
- Manali wrapped in white again - Jan 05, 2012
- Snowless Himachal not so inviting this New Year's eve? - Dec 30, 2011
- It's snowing! Himachal readies its rooms with a view - May 09, 2010
- Hills near Shimla, Manali get more snow - Jan 15, 2012
- Snow-clad mountains luring tourists to Himachal - Nov 19, 2010
- Snowfall drapes Dharamsala, Shimla in white - Jan 07, 2012
- Snowfall continues in Himachal hills - Jun 02, 2011
- Snow, rain continue in Himachal - Feb 14, 2012
- More snow in Himachal, high alert in state (Lead) - Jan 15, 2012
Tags: chamba, dharamsala, first snow, first snowfall, friday evening, himachal pradesh, hospitality industry, hoteliers association, intermittent rain, kasauli, meteorological office, mid hills, palampur, picturesque town, reaches, rohtang, snow fall, temperatures, tourists, two feet