Man-eating leopard trapped in Uttar PradeshSeptember 27th, 2008 - 4:44 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Sep 27 (IANS) A man-eating leopard which had been on the prowl for the last 15 days in Uttar Pradesh has been caught, forest officials said Saturday. “The leopard was caught early Saturday morning near the forest reserve in Ramdas village of Bahraich district,” Divisional Forest Officer R.K. Singh told IANS.
The leopard had attacked six people, killing one of them in Chahlawa village of Bahraich, some 270 km from here, officials said.
The Katarniyaghat forest reserve is situated in the area.
The leopard Thursday strayed into Chahlawa village near the forest range and entered the hut of Dayanand, picking up his nine-year-old daughter.
The mutilated body of the girl was later recovered by the locals Friday, three km from the village.
Earlier Sep 15, a tiger had pounced on three people and injured them in Sujauli village of Bahraich district, officials said.
In August, a leopard had attacked four people, killing one of them, in the same village, officials added.
- Two injured in leopard attack - Sep 22, 2011
- Leopard kills minor girl in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 27, 2008
- Leopard kills boy in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 27, 2010
- Leopard kills 7-year-old boy in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 02, 2010
- Officials face villagers' wrath over leopard attacks - Nov 09, 2011
- Man-eater leopard trapped alive by wildlife enthusiast - Nov 18, 2011
- Leopard kills girl - Oct 25, 2011
- Tigress kills teenager in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 03, 2011
- Woman mauled, killed by leopard - Mar 12, 2011
- Man-eater leopard caught in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 18, 2008
- Villagers vent leopard attack ire on forest officials - Apr 09, 2011
- Two killed in Uttar Pradesh leopard attacks - Aug 12, 2008
- Woman killed by tiger in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 05, 2011
- Another tiger on rampage in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 26, 2008
- Leopard attacks four in Uttar Pradesh - Mar 03, 2009