Man bitten by pet snake, diesAugust 6th, 2010 - 5:29 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 6 (IANS) A man in West Bengal, who kept poisonous snakes as pets, died after one of the reptiles bit him fatally when he was feeding them, officials said Friday.
Saifuddin Gaji, a resident of Sandeshkhali in North 24 Parganas district, was keeping the snakes for the last five years, a district official said. He collected them from around the district and kept them in glass containers in his house.
He used to feed these snakes with his own hand. While feeding a cobra with a frog Wednesday, Gaji was bitten on the hand, the official said.
He was taken to a local hospital for treatment, but succumbed to the venom later.
- Now, an all India guide map on snakes - Mar 15, 2012
- Man loses $49K worth collection of poisonous snakes - Feb 27, 2012
- Egyptian cobra escapes from Bronx zoo - Mar 29, 2011
- Snake Murugan of Coimbatore - Dec 10, 2009
- 'Punish Thane man for illegally possessing snakes' - Apr 11, 2012
- Snake expert dies of cobra bite - Jul 02, 2011
- Mumbai's top snake-man falls to cobra attack - Oct 25, 2009
- Fear of poisonous attacks leads to spider killing in Assam - Jun 06, 2012
- UAE breeds world's first Arabian cobra in captivity - Aug 07, 2011
- To kill self, woman gets bitten by snake - Jun 20, 2011
- Man charged after losing hand to alligator - Jul 30, 2012
- McDonalds snake wrestling incident leads to the arrest of 2 men - Sep 10, 2010
- 33 rare snakes confiscated in Shanghai - Aug 11, 2010
- Chhattisgarh man, a snake venom junkie - Nov 23, 2009
- Snake that bit model did not die from silicone poisoning - Mar 19, 2011