Madhya Pradesh to have national dinosaur fossil parkMay 17th, 2010 - 9:54 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, May 17 (IANS) A National Dinosaur Fossil Park would be set up in Dhar district of Madhya Pradesh where more than 100 dinosaur eggs, estimated to be more than 6.5 crore (65 million) years old, have been found, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said Monday.
The fossil park was recommended to be set up by the State Wildlife Board.
“More than 100 dinosaur eggs, estimated to be 6.5 crore (65 million) to 7 crore (70 million) years old, were found in Bagh in Dhar district in the year 2006. Besides, fossilised dinosaur nests have also been found in the district,” state Forest Minister Sartaj Singh and Minister of State for Forests Jaisingh Marawi informed Chouhan at a meeting of the State Wildlife Board.
The board recommended implementation of schemes for white tiger safari-cum-wildlife treatment centre in Mand reserve forest under the Satna forest range.
Recommendations were also made for the upgradation, repair and maintenance of existing roads in the Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve, Sanjay Gandhi Tiger Reserve, Ratapani Sanctuary and Rani Durgawati Sanctuary to benefit the residents of forest villages in these areas.
- Dinosaur fossil park to come up in Madhya Pradesh - Dec 17, 2010
- A haunt of dinosaurs now prepares for enthusiasts - May 21, 2010
- Man-animal conflict intensifies in Madhya Pradesh - Jun 01, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh chief minister bats for tourism in tiger reserves - Nov 17, 2011
- Now, annual tiger assessment in every state - May 16, 2011
- Karnataka sets up special tiger protection force - Jan 03, 2012
- Over thousand wild animals killed in Madhya Pradesh - Dec 09, 2010
- Whither 'Sher Khans' of Madhya Pradesh? - Mar 29, 2011
- Dinosaur-bird 'missing link' could be egg - Jul 13, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh to welcome 60 African cheetahs (Lead, Correcting word in para four) - Aug 25, 2011
- Sariska area villagers protest relocation - Mar 31, 2012
- Tigers in Goa? Forest minister dodges queries - Aug 08, 2011
- Fossils, mineral rocks attract huge crowds at expo (With Images) - Jan 05, 2012
- Sariska villagers protest relocation - May 16, 2012
- Tiger cub spotted in Sariska - Aug 08, 2012
Tags: 65 million years, bagh, bandhavgarh, chief minister, dinosaur eggs, dinosaur fossil, dinosaur nests, forest minister, forest range, forest villages, fossil park, minister of state, sanjay gandhi, sartaj singh, state forest, state wildlife, tiger reserve, tiger safari, white tiger, wildlife board