Low-intensity quake in northeastSeptember 7th, 2012 - 9:55 am ICT by IANS
Shillong, Sep 7 (IANS) A slight intensity earthquake measuring 4.2 on the Richter scale shook India’s northeast late Thursday. There were no immediate reports of casualties or damage to property.
The quake occurred around 11.57 p.m.
According to the Regional Seismological Centre here, the epicentre was in Meghalaya’s West Khasi Hills district.
Besides Meghalaya and Assam, tremors were also felt in Manipur, Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh.
India’s northeast is considered the sixth major earthquake-prone belt in the world.
A quake measuring 3.1 on the Richter scale with epicentre in Morigaon, Assam, was reported earlier this week.
- Quake jolts northeast India - Aug 19, 2012
- Quake hits India's northeast (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 01, 2012
- Two earthquakes hit northeastern states (Second Lead) - Jul 01, 2012
- 5.4-magnitude quake rocks Assam, Meghalaya (Lead) - May 11, 2012
- Earthquake in northeast - Jul 15, 2012
- Quake rocks northeast India - Nov 21, 2011
- Quake hits three northeastern states - Dec 12, 2010
- Small earthquake rocks Assam - Feb 23, 2010
- Three quakes hit Meghalaya, Assam - Jul 27, 2010
- 5.5 magnitude earthquake rocks Assam, Bhutan - Dec 31, 2009
- Quake rocks northeast, buildings damaged in Guwahati (Lead) - Dec 29, 2009
- Moderate earthquake jolts northeast - Dec 12, 2010
- Earthquake measuring 4.9 jolts northeast India (Lead) - Aug 19, 2009
- Tremor jolts northeast, third quake in three weeks - Aug 31, 2009
- Tremor jolts Northeast, fourth quake in three weeks - Sep 04, 2009