London flights cancelled due to snowDecember 19th, 2010 - 11:21 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 19 (IANS) Major Indian carriers Sunday announced the cancellation of their flights to and from London following the closure of London’s Heathrow airport due to heavy snow. “Due to persistent bad weather, all flights to and from London Heathrow have been cancelled for Monday. We will resume flight operations Tuesday if the weather is in control,” an Air India spokesperson said.
Kingfisher Airlines too cancelled all its flights Sunday.
“As a result of the disruptions in flight schedules due to inclement weather, Kingfisher Airlines has cancelled IT-007 Mumbai to London Heathrow and IT-001 New Delhi to London Heathrow for Monday,” a spokesperson said.
A Jet Airways spokesperson said that passengers were being rerouted by all modes of transport available to London.
“Additionally, Jet Airways is awaiting reopening of the London Heathrow Airprort to operate extra flight from Brussels to London,” the spokesperson said.
“We are also planning to operate additional flights from London to India to clear the stranded guests and normal operations are expected to resume by Monday afternoon,” the spokesperson added.
Heathrow did not see any flight arrival Sunday, while only seven airplanes departed from the airport.
The situation was similar Saturday, when hundreds of flights out of London airports were cancelled as fresh snow blocked runways, adding to a continent-wide disruption caused by unusually early and heavy snowfalls that now stretch south to most of the Mediterranean coast.
- Snow and ice blanket Britain - Feb 05, 2012
- Kingfisher cancels London-New Delhi flight - Dec 20, 2010
- Jet Airways to resume flights to US, Canada via Greece - Apr 18, 2010
- European holiday makers' plans hit by heavy snowfall (Lead) - Dec 20, 2010
- Airlines warn against travel to snowed-in Britain - Dec 20, 2010
- European economy gets hit by massive snowfall (Second Lead) - Dec 20, 2010
- Britain in deep freeze - Feb 06, 2012
- Four flights diverted from Delhi for technical reasons - Dec 23, 2011
- Big freeze: Christmas travel plans in chaos - Dec 18, 2010
- Kingfisher woes force fliers to shift to rival airlines - Feb 20, 2012
- Heathrow Airport Cancels Fliights As Heavy Snowfall Throwns U.K. Out Of Gear - Dec 19, 2010
- Jet Airways, Air India to resume flights from midnight - Apr 18, 2010
- India-Europe flights unaffected as of now - May 25, 2011
- Plane removed, operations resume at Mumbai airport runway - Sep 05, 2011
- Heathrow Airport Might Resume Flight Operations On Limited Basis - Dec 20, 2010
Tags: air india, bad weather, disruptions, flight arrival, flight operations, flight schedules, fresh snow, heathrow airport, heavy snow, inclement weather, jet airways, kingfisher, kingfisher airlines, london airports, london flights, london heathrow, mediterranean coast, modes of transport, runways, snowfalls