Light showers in Delhi, more rains expected (Lead)August 27th, 2010 - 9:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 27 (IANS) The national capital Friday received light showers bringing down the day temperature. More rains have been forecast for Saturday.
Delhi received 0.3 mm of rainfall Friday. The humidity levels were on the higher side with the maximum recorded at 92 percent and the minimum at 69 percent.
The city recorded a minimum temperature of 26.7 degrees Celsius, a notch above the average for this time of the season, while the maximum settled at 34.1 degrees Celsius, which was normal.
The civic authorities reported 13 water logging complaints and five complaints each of wall collapse and of trees getting uprooted.
“The skies will be partly cloudy and some parts of the national capital will experience thunder storm and light showers Saturday,” an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official said.
The maximum and minimum temperature Saturday are expected to hover around 35 degrees Celsius and 27 degrees, respectively.
The city has received 681.3 mm of rainfall so far this monsoon, which is 39 percent above average. Delhi in the month of August alone has received 437.8 mm of rainfall, almost 100 percent above the average.
- Thunderstorm, light rain likely in Delhi - Aug 27, 2010
- Cloudy day expected Friday (Lead) - Aug 26, 2010
- Windy morning in Delhi, rains expected - Aug 13, 2012
- Pleasant Monday in Delhi with some rain, more expected Tuesday (Lead) - Sep 17, 2012
- Cloudy day in Delhi, light showers expected - Jul 28, 2012
- Light showers in parts of Delhi - Jun 25, 2011
- Cloudy morning in Delhi, heavy showers likely - Jul 13, 2012
- Cloudy day in Delhi, rains expected Sunday (Lead) - Jul 14, 2012
- Muggy day in Delhi, Sunday likely to be wet day (Lead) - Aug 13, 2011
- Hot morning in Delhi, rains likely - Sep 11, 2011
- Light rain in Delhi (Lead) - Sep 06, 2012
- Some Delhi areas see rain (Second Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Sultry morning in Delhi, rain likely - Sep 09, 2012
- Muggy morning in Delhi, light rains likely - Jul 24, 2012
- Drizzle in parts of Delhi, muggy Tuesday likely (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
Tags: civic authorities, humidity levels, india meteorological department, india meteorological department imd, light showers, minimum temperature, monsoon, month of august, New Delhi, notch, rainfall, thunder storm, time of the season, trees, wall collapse, water logging