Light drizzle cools Delhi (Lead)April 12th, 2011 - 8:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 12 (IANS) Delhiites continued to enjoy pleasant weather Tuesday with a light drizzle pulling the mercury down by three notches. The weather office attributed the showers to a western disturbance but said skies will be clear Wednesday.
“Skies were overcast throughout the day and traces of rainfall were recorded in parts of the capital towards the evening,” an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
Tuesday’s maximum temperature was recorded at 33 degrees Celsius, while the minimum was 22 degrees, a notch above what is normal for this time of the year.
Humidity levels ranged between a high of 79 and a low of 34 percent.
Rain at a few places in the capital Monday led to a slight drop in the maximum temperature at 34.8 degrees Celsius. The minimum also remained below average at 20.1 degrees.
- Pleasant Monday in Delhi, no rains likely Tuesday (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Light drizzle in Delhi, thunderstorm likely - Apr 10, 2012
- Clouds cover Delhi, rains likely - Jul 06, 2011
- Breezy morning for Delhi, showers expected - Sep 06, 2012
- Pleasant day in Delhi, showers expected - Jul 09, 2012
- Thundershowers lash Delhi, more rain predicted (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Pleasant weather continues in Delhi (Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- Sunny Tuesday morning in Delhi - May 15, 2012
- Light rain for Delhi Sunday, heavy showers likely Monday (Lead) - Aug 19, 2012
- Light rain in Delhi (Lead) - Sep 06, 2012
- Hot Wednesday in Delhi, mercury to rise further (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Delhi has a breezy Tuesday (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Drizzle in parts of Delhi, muggy Tuesday likely (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Pleasant Wednesday, rains likely Thursday (Lead) - Aug 22, 2012
- Pleasant morning in capital, thunderstorms likely - May 05, 2011
Tags: celsius, humidity levels, india meteorological department, india meteorological department imd, light drizzle, maximum temperature, mercury, New Delhi, notch, overcast, rain, rainfall, showers, three notches, traces, weather office