Leopard mauls croc keeper to death in China zooJuly 19th, 2012 - 7:57 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, July 19 (IANS) A crocodile keeper in a China zoo was Thursday mauled to death by a leopard, a media report said.
The animal attacked the breeder at the Nanping Jiufeng Mountain Zoo in Nanping city of the southeast province of Fujian, when the man opened the cage in the morning, the Shanghai Daily reported.
The man was bitten in his neck and died on the spot.
The victim, whose name was not disclosed, was the zoo’s crocodile keeper and was told to substitute for the leopard keeper who did not report for duty Thursday.
The leopard was shot with an anaesthetic gun in order to calm it down. Operations at the zoo were suspended. No visitors were injured.
- Wolves kill zoo keeper at Swedish zoo - Jun 18, 2012
- Chinese man gets death for arson that killed 11 - Aug 20, 2012
- 33 rare snakes confiscated in Shanghai - Aug 11, 2010
- Sri Lanka to catch man-eating crocodiles - Apr 13, 2012
- 100 crocodiles escape from flood-hit Thailand farm - Oct 11, 2011
- Two tigers escape from Guwahati zoo, tranquilised later - Jan 30, 2010
- Bull Goes on the Run at Edinburgh Zoo - Sep 04, 2012
- Caged bear mauls girl in Russia - Aug 27, 2012
- Man-eater leopard trapped alive by wildlife enthusiast - Nov 18, 2011
- Leopard strays into heart of Guwahati, mauls three people - Jan 07, 2012
- Sweeden's park where wolves killed Zookeeper now offers "wild encounters" to its visitors - Jun 19, 2012
- International designer for India's first night safari - Nov 28, 2010
- Patna Zoo animals enjoy protein-rich diet to beat wintry chill - Jan 07, 2011
- Wild animals cause havoc in Mozambique province - Feb 16, 2012
- Ape injures girl after escaping from zoo - Jul 16, 2012