Leopard enters Panchkula town, causes scareDecember 29th, 2011 - 11:39 pm ICT by IANS
Panchkula (Haryana), Dec 29 (IANS) A leopard entered a residential area in Haryana’s Panchkula town Thursday afternoon, causing a scare among people.
Wildlife officials, who were able to pin down the wild cat with a tranquilizer gun later, said that the animal seemed to have strayed into this town, 15 km from Chandigarh, from the forest area of Morni Hills near here.
“The leopard was roaming around freely from one house to another in Sector 10. On seeing people around, it also seemed to have got scared,” resident Suresh Sharma said.
The residents informed the police, who called in wildlife officials. The wildlife officials were able to tranquilize the animal after some effort.
The leopard hid itself in the garage of a house and lost consciousness.
The wildlife team took it away and after examining it at a veterinary hospital, it was released back in the forest area.
- Leopard strays into heart of Guwahati, mauls three people - Jan 07, 2012
- Haryana to penalise people harming leopards - Feb 25, 2011
- Two injured in Guwahati leopard attack - Jan 27, 2012
- Odisha releases captured leopard after protests - Aug 08, 2012
- Man finds mountain lion in his garage - May 26, 2011
- Leopard strikes again in Guwahati - Jan 20, 2012
- Villagers kill stray leopard in Assam - Feb 29, 2012
- Leopard strays into Nashik colony, attacks three - Mar 26, 2012
- Leopard enters Hema Malini bungalow, vanishes (Third Lead) - May 27, 2011
- Odisha to release captured leopard into wild - Aug 07, 2012
- Leopard tranquilised, shifted to Kashmir's Dachigam National Park - Mar 03, 2010
- Man-animal conflict intensifies in Madhya Pradesh - Jun 01, 2011
- Manhunt launched for leopard killers in Orissa - Jan 14, 2011
- Leopard enters Hema Malini's bungalow (Lead) - May 27, 2011
- Leopard mauls six in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 04, 2010