Lavasa’s Pune project trips on green lawsJune 10th, 2011 - 8:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 10 (IANS) The environment ministry Friday asked the Maharashtra government to take action against Lavasa Corporation for allegedly flouting green laws in construction of its massive lake city project near Pune.
In a letter, Bharat Bhushan of the environment ministry said: “During the process of appraisal and also based on the site visit by the committee headed by Naresh Dayal, it was found that constructions/developments in the 681 hectare area was in progress without obtaining prior environmental clearance.”
“Request you to initiate necessary action under Environment (Protection) Act, 1986, against violation of the Act,” the letter added.
The ministry Nov 25 last year slapped a show-cause notice on Lavasa Corporation because it had allegedly failed to secure necessary environmental clearances before starting work on its 5,000-plus hectare lake city project coming up in Mulshi sub-district of Pune district, around 200 km from Mumbai.
- Environment ministry orders action against Lavasa, company 'welcomes' this (Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Lavasa township project denied environment clearance - Oct 14, 2011
- Environment ministry to hear Lavasa Thursday - Dec 08, 2010
- Lavasa welcomes central clearance for hill city - Nov 09, 2011
- Environment ministry to give Lavasa decision Wednesday - Dec 14, 2010
- Lavasa can't do any construction, says environment ministry - Jan 18, 2011
- Conditional green nod for Lavasa hill city project (Roundup) - Nov 09, 2011
- Lavasa disappointed at environment ministry's extended stay - Dec 15, 2010
- Lavasa applies afresh for environmental clearance - Feb 14, 2011
- Panel to visit Lavasa project in January: Ramesh - Dec 29, 2010
- Lavasa to explain before environment ministry Friday - Dec 09, 2010
- Court upholds ministry's 'stop work' notice to Lavasa - Dec 22, 2010
- Judges withdraw from Lavasa Lake City hearing - Dec 06, 2010
- Lavasa can't build, has caused green damage: Environment ministry (Lead) - Jan 18, 2011
- POSCO final decision in a week: Jairam Ramesh - Jan 24, 2011