Lavasa questions environment ministry notice timing, motiveNovember 29th, 2010 - 8:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 29 (IANS) Replying to the environment ministry’s show cause notice for violating green laws at its Lake City project near Pune, Lavasa Monday said the ministry acted under pressure from social activists with an “oblique motive of causing huge irreparable financial loss” to the company.
In its 27-page reply to the ministry, the company said the show cause notice was “vitiated by malafides and arbitrariness and breach of principles of natural justice”.
The company alleged the ministry has also suppressed material facts and chose to act at the instance and behest of Medha Patkar and others in haste and in a high-handed arbitrary manner.
The ministry slapped a notice Nov 26 asking the company, a unit of Hindustan Construction Company, to reply within 15 days, why the unauthorised structures erected without any environment clearance should not immediately be demolished.
The Lake City project, spread across 25,000 acres, is situated around 190 km from Mumbai and some 65 km from Pune.
“The timing of your show cause notice also speaks volumes about your motives as the company was about to open its IPO next month. The speed and manner in which the notice has been issued shows that there is an ulterior behind this entire exercise,” it said.
- Lavasa attacking me personally: Ramesh - Nov 30, 2010
- Lavasa to explain before environment ministry Friday - Dec 09, 2010
- Environment ministry to hear Lavasa Thursday - Dec 08, 2010
- Medha Patkar slams Pawar over alleged involvement in Lavasa project - Dec 22, 2010
- Judges withdraw from Lavasa Lake City hearing - Dec 06, 2010
- Environment ministry to give Lavasa decision Wednesday - Dec 14, 2010
- Lavasa check: Medha Patkar advises team on areas to inspect - Jan 06, 2011
- Panel to visit Lavasa project in January: Ramesh - Dec 29, 2010
- Conditional green nod for Lavasa hill city project (Roundup) - Nov 09, 2011
- Environment ministry issues notice to Lavasa hill town - Nov 26, 2010
- Lavasa township project denied environment clearance - Oct 14, 2011
- Environment ministry orders action against Lavasa, company 'welcomes' this (Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Environment Ministry to submit Lavasa housing project report - Jan 18, 2011
- Lavasa disappointed at environment ministry's extended stay - Dec 15, 2010
- Lavasa can't do any construction, says environment ministry - Jan 18, 2011
Tags: arbitrariness, arbitrary manner, behest, breach, construction company, environment clearance, haste, ipo, lavasa, material facts, medha patkar, motive, motives, mumbai, New Delhi, principles of natural justice, pune, reply, social activists, ulterior