Kolkata real estate projects poised to go greenJune 6th, 2008 - 12:26 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 5 (IANS) The city is poised to get what probably is its first green housing complex, to be developed by real estate major Siddha Group, with guidance from a state government agency. The project, Xanadu, will have “energy efficient equipment”, as suggested by the West Bengal Green Energy Development Corp, a government enterprise set up to promote environment-friendly projects.
“The project will be unique in a sense that we will install green energy equipment in the building following the guidelines of the Green Energy Corp,” Siddha Group joint managing director Sanjay Jain said.
He said WBGEDCL will provide all technical assistance.
“With the completion of Xanadu, the housing sector could see a major shift towards energy conserving clean technology,” Jain said. “It will be energy efficient, nature-friendly and using energy-saving passive and active solar devices.”
Xanadu will have 314 studio apartments, each with around 600 sq-ft space. It’ll be located at Rajarhat, the showpiece township of the West Bengal government to attract investment as an extension to the IT hub in adjoining Salt Lake.
Initially, green energy that has low-carbon emission and is renewable would constitute 15 percent of the energy used in the apartment, he said. “There will be facilities like rainwater harvesting, solar lighting and solar water heating system in the project.
“Finally our target would be to use 50 percent of renewable energy in the apartments, out of the total power consumption,” Jain added.
- Energy Awareness Yatra, East starts Jan 12 - Jan 07, 2011
- Floating solar power plants to bridge energy deficit? - Nov 20, 2011
- DLF proposes green housing project off Kolkata - Jul 10, 2008
- Freiburg: the world's ecological model city (Feature) - Jul 12, 2011
- Indian parliament goes green - Aug 09, 2011
- Indian, Israeli experts tap sun for hybrid power plants - Feb 14, 2012
- Areva joins Reliance to set up solar power plant - Apr 13, 2012
- President Estate gets ISO certification - Jul 25, 2010
- Dubai to get 'green lab' running on solar power - Aug 23, 2012
- Now own your studio apartment in Kolkata's IT township - May 05, 2008
- Nitish Kumar's residence to turn green - Mar 28, 2012
- India looking to Germany for assistance in renewable energy technologies - May 07, 2010
- India approves Rs.200 crore for research on climate change - Mar 16, 2012
- President's green initiative to be replicated by builders - May 19, 2011
- South Korea to invest $1 bn on energy sector - Mar 20, 2012
Tags: carbon emission, clean technology, energy corp, energy development, energy equipment, ft space, green energy, power consumption, project xanadu, rainwater harvesting, sanjay jain, solar devices, solar lighting, solar water heating, solar water heating system, state government agency, studio apartments, target, using energy, west bengal government