Kargil freezes at minus 25, lowest of the seasonJanuary 30th, 2012 - 1:30 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Jan 30 (IANS) At minus 25 degrees Celsius, Kargil town in the Ladakh region Monday recorded the lowest temperature of the season anywhere in Jammu and Kashmir so far as severe cold continued across the Valley, an official said.
“The present cold wave conditions are likely to continue for another three to four days across the Valley and the Ladakh region, although some cloudiness will develop Tuesday,” Sonam Lotus, director of the local meteorological office said here.
At minus 25 degrees Celsius, Kargil recorded the lowest anywhere in the state this season.
The minimum temperature was minus 5 degrees Celsius in Srinagar, minus 14.2 degrees in Pahalgam, minus 12.5 degrees in Gulmarg, minus 10 degrees in south Kashmir’s Qazigund town, minus 23.4 degrees in Leh and minus 25 degrees Celsius in Kargil town Monday.
The highly slippery road conditions in the mornings and freezing of water taps due to sub-zero temperatures are some problems faced by the locals here these days.
- Srinagar has coldest night in 16 years - Jan 14, 2012
- Kashmir shivers in freezing temperatures - Nov 26, 2011
- Season's lowest in Srinagar, Leh freezes at minus 16 - Dec 25, 2011
- Kashmir and Ladakh in deep freeze, Leh coldest at minus 22 - Jan 23, 2012
- Kashmir freezing, Leh at minus 16 - Dec 28, 2011
- Srinagar freezes for 6th day, record broken - Jan 13, 2012
- Kashmir in deep freeze, Leh records minus 18 - Dec 31, 2011
- Kashmir cold wave continues - Dec 03, 2011
- Night temperatures rise marginally in Kashmir, Ladakh - Jan 03, 2012
- Cold keeps grip on north India, fog affects 51 trains (Roundup) - Dec 28, 2011
- Cold wave intensifies in Kashmir and Ladakh - Jan 21, 2012
- Season's lowest temperature in Srinagar, Leh - Dec 26, 2011
- Mercury rises but Kashmir still freezing - Dec 29, 2011
- Cold wave continues in Kashmir, Dal Lake freezes - Dec 27, 2011
- Rains, snow break long dry spell in Kashmir - Dec 07, 2011
Tags: cloudiness, cold wave, gulmarg, jammu, kashmir, ladakh region, locals, lotus, meteorological office, minimum temperature, pahalgam, slippery road conditions, sonam, south kashmir, wave conditions, zero temperatures