Jesusita Fire strikes havoc in Santa BarbaraMay 6th, 2009 - 9:01 pm ICT by GD
The California Wildfire season has already begun with the Jesusita Fire which began at around 1.45 p.m. on Tuesday, 5th May, and since then it has been spreading wildly. The residents of Santa Barbara and the firefighters were engaged in fighting this massive wildfire once again. The last time the place encountered fire was last November. The Jesusita Fire is very much similar to the fire that engulfed the “American Riviera” when the Tea Fire consumed more than 200 homes that were located in the foothills.
Once again the main cause behind the wide spread effect of the wild fire is wind. The winds have acted as “Great pushers of the flames”. Reporter Chris Meagher commented “It’s really blowing up here…not quite Tea Fire windy, but pretty damn windy.” some of the other reporters have said that things are “Looking pretty bad right now.” there has been news that the fire was moving away a slow pace but once it reached the Mission Canyon the impact of the wildfire was immense.
At the present moment the wind is heading towards the upper part of the canyon. The movement of the fire was quite uncertain because once it was moving upward and the next time it was moving downwards. Till 5 p.m. structured had not yet succumbed to the fire, however, all the residents have moved out of their homes and have evacuated the place. Since almost 1,200 homes have been evacuated, almost 3,000 individuals are expected to become homeless.
- Wildfire In Boulder County Spreads Over 4 Square Miles - Sep 07, 2010
- Wildfires ravage Russian villages - Apr 21, 2012
- 200 homes evacuated due to wildfire in US - Aug 25, 2010
- Herriman Wildfire Burns More Than 300 Acres Of Land, Evacuation Continues - Sep 20, 2010
- 'All hell' breaks loose in California wildfire - May 09, 2009
- Arizona Cops Detain Man In Connection With Flagstaff Wildfire - Jun 20, 2010
- Wildfires Spread In Boulder, Large Scale Evacuations Takes Place - Oct 30, 2010
- Ammo train explodes, sets off Siberia wildfire - Jul 26, 2012
- Colorado fires spread to 3,500 acres; 1,000 homes evacuated - Sep 07, 2010
- Man Charged in Flagstaff Wildfire:Campfire Not Properly Put Out - Jun 21, 2010
- 1,300 homes destroyed in Texas wildfire - Sep 09, 2011
- Firefighters gain on California fire (Lead) - May 10, 2009
- Oprah Winfrey's home evacuated as Southern California wildfire draws near - May 09, 2009
- Wildfire Near Tehachapi Burns More Than 30 Homes - Jul 28, 2010
- Texas battles new wildfires as extreme drought continues - Sep 02, 2011
Tags: american riviera, california wildfire, firefighters, flames, havoc, jesusita, jesusita fire, last november, last time, meagher, present moment, santa barbara, slow pace, spread effect, tea, wild fire, wildfire season