Jaipur schools closed till July 8July 1st, 2012 - 10:42 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, July 1 (IANS) With no respite from heat in sight as the monsoon has been delayed in Rajasthan, the Jaipur district administration has extended the summer vacation for government as well as private schools till July 8.
The schools were to reopen Monday for this academic session, officials said.
As per the weather department, the mercury hovered around 43 degrees Celsius in Jaipur Sunday, making the first day of July hottest over the past few years.
“We had received a report from the Met department that the monsoon is likely to enter the state not before July 10. There is no respite from heat, so it was decided to extend the summer holidays,” a senior district administration officer told IANS.
District Collector Naveen Mahajan Sunday issued an order extending the holidays till July 8 in Jaipur district, he said.
“The orders will be applicable not only to government schools, but also the private ones in Jaipur district,” said the officer.
- Punjab primary school vacations extended due to heat wave - Jul 01, 2012
- Haryana schools to re-open July 9 - Jul 01, 2012
- Heat keeps grip on Delhi, schools vacations extended (Lead) - Jul 01, 2012
- Summer break extended in Delhi schools (Lead) - Jul 01, 2012
- Agra schools' summer vacations extended till July 7 - Jul 01, 2012
- Rain eludes Delhi, power demand again peaks (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Heat kills 30 in Bengal, officials swing into action - Jun 05, 2012
- Delhi continues to swelter, monsoon likely after July 3 (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Delhi has hot Tuesday, rain likely - Jul 03, 2012
- Pleasant day in Delhi, showers expected - Jul 09, 2012
- Rain, storm lashes Delhi ahead of monsoon's formal arrival (Second Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- All Punjab schools closed till July 8 - Jul 05, 2012
- Sweltering Delhi to get monsoon rains this week (Second Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Monsoon finally hits Bihar, widespread rains expected - Jun 20, 2012
- Schools reopen in Bihar - Jan 17, 2011
Tags: academic session, administration officer, celsius, district administration, government schools, july 1, mahajan, mercury, monsoon, naveen, private schools, respite from, summer vacation, weather department