Incessant rains hit life in parts of RajasthanAugust 14th, 2012 - 11:36 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, August 14 (IANS) Incessant rains since the past three days have hit life in several districts of Rajasthan including Banswara, Chittorgarh, Kota and Baran, with some bridges being damaged and dams flowing close to the danger mark, officials said Tuesday.
Road and rail connectivity to some districts including Jhalawar was also disrupted due to heavy downpour, they added.
“Some villages in Banswara which has been receiving heavy rains since Sunday evening were submerged as the gates of at least two dams in the area had to be opened to release overflowing water,” said a senior official of the administration.
The officer said Mahi Dam in Banswara district, the biggest one in the region, is flowing to the danger mark and the water is likely to be released in a couple of days which might lead to disruption to road connectivity with Jaipur.
The officer said that road connectivity to some villages in Dungarpur, Pratapgarh and Jhalawar district was also disrupted due to heavy rainfall.
He added that Mount Abu’s Nakki Lak was also overflowing after the state’s only hill station received 16 cm rainfall.
At least 20 people were injured in Ajmer town when an old triple story building collapsed here Tuesday.
- Four killed in house collapses in Rajasthan - Sep 05, 2011
- Rains disrupt Maharashtra-Gujarat train services - Aug 01, 2011
- Heavy rains lash Mumbai, Thane; four drown - Jul 30, 2011
- Three killed in Gujarat rains - Sep 09, 2010
- Rivers near danger mark in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 16, 2012
- Six killed in Maharashtra downpour (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- Governor asks Orissa to probe dam 'mismanagement' - Oct 05, 2011
- Odisha residents return home after flood water recedes - Aug 06, 2012
- Villages inundated in Haryana as Yamuna overflows banks (Second Lead) - Sep 10, 2010
- 2,000 flood-hit people rescued in Odisha - Aug 05, 2012
- 36 killed in heavy rains in eastern Uttar Pradesh - Sep 26, 2011
- Large tracts of Jharkhand flooded after rains - Aug 12, 2011
- Rains batter Andhra Pradesh - Sep 04, 2012
- Floods devastate villages in Maharashtra - Aug 01, 2010
- Lakhs hit as Tehri waters rise, Yamuna and Gandak in spate (Roundup) - Sep 20, 2010
Tags: banswara, baran, bridges, connectivity, couple of days, dams, danger mark, disruption, dungarpur, gates, heavy downpour, heavy rains, incessant rains, jaipur, kota, mount abu, nakki, pratapgarh, rainfall, sunday evening