Hyena kills a 10-month-old infantAugust 1st, 2008 - 11:37 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Aug 1 (IANS) A hyena attacked and killed a 10-month-old infant in a Bihar village, the police said Friday. The baby was taken away by the hyena at Rampur village in Madhepura district, 250 km from here.
The shocked villagers informed the police.
A joint team of forest officials, along with the police and the villagers launched a search operation and recovered half eaten parts of the baby.
A few days ago, the same animal had reportedly attacked and killed a villager and injured a dozen others in a neighbouring village.
- Tusker tramples four in Bihar - Jul 08, 2012
- Four dead as overloaded boat capsizes in Bihar - Jun 14, 2011
- Bihar Police still clueless about 15 abducted by Maoists - Nov 04, 2011
- Seven killed as bomb explodes in Bihar village - Nov 21, 2010
- Four of family gunned down in Bihar - Jun 30, 2012
- Seven killed in Bihar bomb explosion (Lead) - Nov 21, 2010
- After tigress, now leopard terrorises Chhattisgarh residents - Oct 15, 2011
- Three drown as overloaded boat capsizes in Bihar - May 22, 2012
- Seven killed as bomb explodes in Bihar (Second Lead) - Nov 21, 2010
- Maoists kill CRPF man, injure six in Bihar - Jun 10, 2012
- Five die during Holi in Bihar - Mar 21, 2011
- 'Killer' bear gunned down in Madhya Pradesh - Oct 29, 2009
- Forbesganj firing: Senior Bihar cop in dock - Jul 09, 2011
- NHRC begins probe into Bihar police firing - Jul 21, 2011
- Bihar cop fires on protesting flood victims, suspended - Aug 26, 2011