Humid, cloudy day in Delhi, rains expected Thursday (Lead)July 25th, 2012 - 8:26 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 25 (IANS) The residents of Delhi witnessed another cloudy and humid day Wednesday with no rains, with the maximum temperature recording a notch above average at 35 degrees Celsius. The Met office has forecast rain for Thursday.
“The skies will remain cloudy but some parts of the city are expected to get one or two spells of rainfall or thundershowers,” said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
Delhi reported a minimum temperature of 27.9 degrees Celsius, a notch above average for this time of the season, while the maximum is expected to hover around 34 degrees.
The day’s humidity touched a maximum of 83 percent and a minimum of 63 percent.
According to IMD, the capital has recorded a total rainfall of 88.7 mm rainfall so far this season. The rain deficit has grown to 62 percent.
Monsoon is expected to last in Delhi till Sep 20.
Tuesday’s maximum temperature settled five notches above average at 38.6 degrees, while the minimum was three notches above average at 29.3 degrees Celsius.
- Cloudy, hot Tuesday in Delhi, rains in store (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Humid morning in Delhi, showers expected - Jul 29, 2012
- Muggy Sunday morning in Delhi, rains likely - Jul 22, 2012
- Drizzle in Delhi, more rain likely - Jul 26, 2012
- A hot, muggy Thursday morning in Delhi - Jun 23, 2011
- Humid Thursday morning for Delhi, showers expected - Sep 13, 2012
- Humid Monday morning for Delhi - Aug 06, 2012
- Cloudy day in Delhi, light showers expected - Jul 28, 2012
- Drizzle in Delhi, more showers likely - Jul 30, 2012
- Hot morning in Delhi, rains expected - Jun 01, 2012
- Muggy morning in Delhi, rains expected - Jul 23, 2012
- Cloudy day in Delhi, rains likely - Jul 22, 2011
- Muggy morning in Delhi - Jul 20, 2012
- Cloudy day for Delhi, rain likely (Lead) - Feb 04, 2012
- Muggy morning in Delhi, light rains likely - Jul 24, 2012
Tags: cloudy day, humidity, india meteorological department, india meteorological department imd, maximum temperature, minimum temperature, monsoon, New Delhi, notch, rain, rainfall, spells, three notches, time of the season